Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

thumbsup.gif

I have two:

(Refering to eggs before eating) Do you have to do anything to them?

(Refering to milking goats) Did not realize you had to breed them first. (This coming from a girl who had two human kids herself)

The guy I'm seeing brought his 8 yr old daughter over for an afternoon "on the farm"

Not only did my 6 yr old daughter thoroughly educate her about why the roosters jump on the hens, his daughter at dinnertime remarked, "That's cheating! You don't have to go to the store and buy eggs like other people do. You just go out and get them! That's not fair!"

We had a trainee vet come to the house with our regular vet to examine a horse. After hearing the sound of an entire pack of coyotes howling and yipping, He asks " Wow! Do you guys live near a dog track or something? Our vet was not amused, and next time he had another trainee!

We used to have a flock of Black Indian Runner ducks. I can't tell you the number of times we had people stop at our house to ask... Wow! Where did you get those penguins? I thought you only saw penguins on ice; I'm surprised they can live in Alabama.
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
If you were to ask a sampling of young people ...

Q: Where does meat come from

Result would more than likely be.....

A: Grocery store

It's always interesting when they ask the grade schoolers to write how their family makes turkey on Thanksgiving, there's usually a whole page of entries in the local section of the paper.
About half of the entries start with "first go to WalMart and get a turkey" and the other half start with "take your shotgun and go to the deer woods to get a turkey" (yes, they always specify that turkey come from the "DEER woods") there's a hand full that don't have a clue yet, theirs sometimes start out like "get a turkey somewhere"
I've never seen any of them write about getting a turkey from the back yard (yet)

A man asked me that if it were true if a rooster crows during the day if that means that you will have bad luck... I told him that I think that I have pretty good luck, and that all of my roosters crow all day and all night. He then told me that I need to watch the movie called "Tess of the D'Urbervilles".

My sister's friends were over one day, and my mom was making pancakes, and she open one of my egg cartons, and there was some green eggs in it. One of the friends looked at it, and saw the green eggs and made a face. When her dad came to pick them up, and he saw the green/ blue eggs, and said "I thought that it has to do what they eat that colors the eggs."
th.gif
My mom gave them some of the green eggs to take home.
big_smile.png

Quote:
If you were to ask a sampling of young people ...

Q: Where does meat come from

Result would more than likely be.....

A: Grocery store

It's always interesting when they ask the grade schoolers to write how their family makes turkey on Thanksgiving, there's usually a whole page of entries in the local section of the paper.
About half of the entries start with "first go to WalMart and get a turkey" and the other half start with "take your shotgun and go to the deer woods to get a turkey" (yes, they always specify that turkey come from the "DEER woods") there's a hand full that don't have a clue yet, theirs sometimes start out like "get a turkey somewhere"
I've never seen any of them write about getting a turkey from the back yard (yet)

My room mate's oldest had to do this in his class. They sent home a book with the 'recipes' by the first grade class. He was the only one who wrote that you had to kill the turkey first. I think he even remembered to pluck it!

Back
Top Bottom