Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Quote:
Wait 'til she finds out what crabs and lobsters eat.......

or at least what they are, arachnids... giant arachnids

My mom likes to tell me that shrimps are giant bugs and that I should eat the bugs that find their way into our food.
lol.png

A coworker the other day told me she wouldnt buy any eggs from me. She is a little nosy because I was talkin to another lady who was going to buy some and she just kinda stuck her nose in and started blabbing on and on. She heard me say I had a rooster. Anyway this is kinda how the convo went.

Her: I will NEVER buy eggs from you.

Me: Why?

Her: Because one time I craked open an egg and it had blood in it. If you have a rooster I wont buy eggs, I dont want to see blood in my eggs from them stinking roosters.

Me:
th.gif
The blood isnt caused by roosters.

Her: Yes it is. I know it is because my friend who has had chickens for years told me that it is.

Me: OKAY!

Her: Plus I wont eat anything that might grow a chick in it. I dont want to take an egg out of the fridge, crack it open, and find a chick. EWWW!

I just walked away after that one. I couldnt explain anything more to her.

Oh she also claimed that the eggs that come from a store from the chickens will never have blood in them because they dont have roosters.
roll.png

Quote:
or at least what they are, arachnids... giant arachnids

My mom likes to tell me that shrimps are giant bugs and that I should eat the bugs that find their way into our food.
lol.png

Haven't looked it up lately, but if I recall correctly, lobsters. shrimp and their kind an more closely related to cockroaches. That bit of news ruined my day.
hmm.png

Quote:
lol.png

Haven't looked it up lately, but if I recall correctly, lobsters. shrimp and their kind an more closely related to cockroaches. That bit of news ruined my day.
hmm.png

Yeah but neither of us eat cockroaches. Bottom feeders is more like it really. It will not scare me away from shrimp and lobster. ever.

Quote:
lol.png

hmm.png

Really? And here I thought they were arachnids.

the things you learn.

Quote:
hmm.png

Really? And here I thought they were arachnids.

the things you learn.

Arthropods - invertebrate with legs this group includes Arachnids, Insects (Hexapoda), Myriapoda, Crustacea ... (spiders, insects (roaches), lobster, shrimp, crab, scorpion, tick, millipeades, centipedes, etc...

Arachnids - an arthropod, having 8 legs, 12 appendages (external mouth-parts count), 2 body sections, wings absent in adult forms, may have fewer then 12 appendages in adult form, no wings in any form. (spiders, scorpions, ticks...)

Insect - an arthropod, having 6 legs, 12-14 appendages (external mouth-parts, antennae and wings count), 3 body sections, wings possibly present or double wings present in adult forms, only flying invertebrates - if it isn't a bird or bat and has powered flight its an insect.

Crustacea - an arthropod, having 'about' 10 legs, (14-20) appendages (double antennae present - external mouth-parts, feeding legs, ect), and either one or two body sections, living in or near water, no wings any form.

Myriapoda- many legged, each segment contains one or two pair legs, no wings, many body segments, mouth-parts (1 pr), antennae (1 pr), no wings. (Millipead, centipeade, and that water one that I forgot that is fossilized all the time)

Last edited:
And a fun fact: those little grey things that roll up when you scare them (pill bugs, potato bugs, rolly-polys whatever you call them where you live) are crustaceans. Freaks people out when you tell them you just found a crustacean on the floor (especially when it takes 3 hours to get to the nearest beach!)

Back
Top Bottom