Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I was having a chicken related chat with some of my friends when a guy overheard and said "roosters and chickens aren't the same thing". He said one cannot say "rooster chicken" or "hen chicken" because they're different animals.. I had to explain to him over and over that "rooster" and "hen" are simply gender names like "woman" and "man" is for humans. It took him a little while
roll.png
He wouldn't believe me either when I told him ostriches also go by "rooster" and "hen"! I told him to research it himself but he was stubborn and said "no because I'm not going to embarrass a liar" I guess he got mad lol.
What a jerk!

I was having a chicken related chat with some of my friends when a guy overheard and said "roosters and chickens aren't the same thing". He said one cannot say "rooster chicken" or "hen chicken" because they're different animals.. I had to explain to him over and over that "rooster" and "hen" are simply gender names like "woman" and "man" is for humans. It took him a little while
roll.png
He wouldn't believe me either when I told him ostriches also go by "rooster" and "hen"! I told him to research it himself but he was stubborn and said "no because I'm not going to embarrass a liar" I guess he got mad lol.

The correct but rude response to that is, "Funny, I embarrass stubborn ignorant people all the time. Some people just weren't exposed to things-not their fault, others even when explained the truth maintain the love of the lie they believe"

Peacocks and Peahens are the same too- and lions and lionesses, tigers and tigresses, waiters and waitresses, .... bulls and cows, stallions and mares (colts and fillies)...

Or - "ignorance does not cause the cessation of the unknown fact." (but that's big words ;) )

Last edited:
roll.png

My Uncle had a girlfriend who was always right, never wrong and I proved her wrong about 2 subjects a couple of weeks after she said something about them and her reply was I never said that you are mistaken to deflect that she didn't like being wrong,

(we were at my friends house w/ a couple of other friends. We were at the hostesses barn where she kept goats. There was a huge pile of eggs that their chickens laid. The other friends live in the city and didn't know anything about animals. I wasn't there at the time but my sister was and she told me the story.)
Alexis (city-friend) Oh look at those eggs! We probably shouldn't go near them though
Sarah (my sister): Why?
Alexis: Cuz they're their eggs and they're probably protective, so they might attack you
Sarah: Uhh, Alexis? Goats are mammals. They don't lay eggs.

We had all been informed that these goats were boy goats.
Platypi (plural of platypus) lay eggs :)

Imfrom southern Idaho and don't really consider myself a country bumpkin, but some people make me laugh when they find out where I'm from. In las Vegas a few years ago. I was in binions horseshoe. Had to use the rest room. So I make it to a urinal and a big black guy starts using the the urinal next to me. He asked how I was doing, and then my name. Then asked where I'm from. After I told him I was from southern Idaho he just went off!! Started going on and on about how great we make our potatoes! He just loves them soooo.... Much! Then he starts asking how we make them. I had to inform him that we grow them. And he wassupprised that they just grew right in the ground. Then I told him that I live in town I don't farm. He thought all of us idahoans. Lived in the country and made potatoes! And then while we are still at the urinals he decides he wants to shake my hand. I reluctantly shook hands and he said he couldn't wait to go tell his friends he met someone from Idaho!.....lol. city folk!

Imfrom southern Idaho and don't really consider myself a country bumpkin, but some people make me laugh when they find out where I'm from. In las Vegas a few years ago. I was in binions horseshoe. Had to use the rest room. So I make it to a urinal and a big black guy starts using the the urinal next to me. He asked how I was doing, and then my name. Then asked where I'm from. After I told him I was from southern Idaho he just went off!! Started going on and on about how great we make our potatoes! He just loves them soooo.... Much! Then he starts asking how we make them. I had to inform him that we grow them. And he wassupprised that they just grew right in the ground. Then I told him that I live in town I don't farm. He thought all of us idahoans. Lived in the country and made potatoes! And then while we are still at the urinals he decides he wants to shake my hand. I reluctantly shook hands and he said he couldn't wait to go tell his friends he met someone from Idaho!.....lol. city folk!
gig.gif
I just a girl, but even I know that shaking hands while at the urinals isn't a very cool guy thing.
gig.gif

I was visiting a new friend the other day, and she was showing me her garden. She didn't know which plants were potatoes. I started digging around just a little, and she had some of the nicest purple potatoes, that I have ever seen. I don't think she realized that potatoes were found on the root system of the plant.

gig.gif
I just a girl, but even I know that shaking hands while at the urinals isn't a very cool guy thing.
gig.gif
No cool is coming up behind them, grabbing belt loops on both sides an while alternating between pushing an pulling with opposing hands while you scream "earthquake!!!" then run for your life... Real funny if there are people on ether side of them.... Just need to run faster....

I've never had an earthquake. Hope I don't ever run into you in a public restroom...lol. the big guy was friendly as could be, and just sooo... Excited to meet someone who lives in a field and makes those potatoes that he loved so much! He couldn't believe that people live here and do not farm. He was really blown away when I told him that I lived just a few miles from the second largest potato processing plant in the world and yet I couldn't buy a potato larger than a tennis ball!

One boy said to another boy "Look, that duck is killing the other duck!" when they were mating.

A stupid neighbor thought you could let one day old ducklings could run around loose and "eat what it finds off the land"..... a hawk would eat them in less than 5 minutes. Really, I'd like to know what goes through some people's minds.

A gentle breeze - in one ear and out the other.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom