Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Remember the saying, "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"... All a politician has is the ability to make laws, everything he sees looks like something to write a law about... He/she does not have to be bad. They say the "road to hell is paved with good intentions"...

Remember the saying, "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"... All a politician has is the ability to make laws, everything he sees looks like something to write a law about... He/she does not have to be bad. They say the "road to hell is paved with good intentions"...

So, I suppose what we're left with is those politicians who aren't bad are stupid. Or, at least the majority of them. Works for me. Otherwise, there's no rational argument for denying citizens of their right to grow and feed themselves and their families.

Last edited:
There is no rational reason to deny anyone the right to use there property as they choose as long as what they do does not somehow deny there neighbors to do what they want with there property.

The governments job is suppose to be about protecting rights. Any law that restricts rights is counter productive.

Some fella on Facebook who I guess is a "city dweller" sent me a message asking why I like chickens so much and told me to get a dog. I told him why (and that I do have dogs) and he replied that chickens "were bred to be retarded and unfeeling animals, they were bred to only be used for eggs and meat" I tried to educate him about the world of poultry and he replied "oh really? my step-dad owns a farm and i've been around the chickens long enough to learn that all they do is eat and poop everywhere when something enters their pen that isn't their own kind. and as an apprentice butcher i know that they sure as heck don't feel anything when i chop their heads off".
:confused:   It sounds like he just hates chickens and won't develop a tolerance for them. My chickens don't poop on me when I'm petting them on my lap. Yes my chickens love to eat but in no way are they "unfeeling" creatures.

Those are the wackjob, psychotic, unrealistic and just plain cluless people that make me mad. I HATE dealing with them.

We can have what ever pets we want. Try not to let it bother YOU. it gets to me because I'm a hot head.

I have had questions like "you eat your eggs?" saying it with shock or thought the hens needed a rooster to lay an egg or that when a rooster covered a hen that they got bred through the comb
ep.gif

I have had questions like "you eat your eggs?" saying it with shock or thought the hens needed a rooster to lay an egg or that when a rooster covered a hen that they got bred through the comb
ep.gif

The first comment proves the person is stupid and you can't fix stupid, the next two comments show they are ignorant of chicken anatomy, they might be stupid too but that
would be secondary, to the fact they just are not aware of how a chicken's body works.

I brought in a dozen eggs today for a co-worker/friend. All were brown except 2, which came from my EE and are green. A retired teacher who works part-time (she's 72: from the city, but old enough to know better) looked at the green ones and said, "I just couldn't eat a green egg". I explained that they are exactly like any other eggs; what they eat is the only thing that makes a difference in how they taste. Since I raise these chickens myself, feeding them only organic food and allowing them to forage in a yard that's never been sprayed or fertilized, these eggs are richer and better tasting than store bought.

"I'm sorry", said she, "but, I still couldn't eat them because they're green".

How-some-ever, store bought eggs raised on feed that's been sprayed with Round-Up, housed in over crowded/filthy conditions, injected with antibiotics, and fed hormones doesn't turn her off. <scratch> There's just no accounting for some people.

BTW: this is the same retired teacher that told me she doesn't read. "When I finished college, I promised myself I'd never read another book and I haven't". But, she was a teacher for over 30 years. Scary, ain't it?

I brought in a dozen eggs today for a co-worker/friend. All were brown except 2, which came from my EE and are green. A retired teacher who works part-time (she's 72: from the city, but old enough to know better) looked at the green ones and said, "I just couldn't eat a green egg". I explained that they are exactly like any other eggs; what they eat is the only thing that makes a difference in how they taste. Since I raise these chickens myself, feeding them only organic food and allowing them to forage in a yard that's never been sprayed or fertilized, these eggs are richer and better tasting than store bought.

"I'm sorry", said she, "but, I still couldn't eat them because they're green".

How-some-ever, store bought eggs raised on feed that's been sprayed with Round-Up, housed in over crowded/filthy conditions, injected with antibiotics, and fed hormones doesn't turn her off. <scratch> There's just no accounting for some people.

BTW: this is the same retired teacher that told me she doesn't read. "When I finished college, I promised myself I'd never read another book and I haven't". But, she was a teacher for over 30 years. Scary, ain't it?

Sounds like some of my neighbors who where teachers and some I had in school.... I had 1 teacher sat in front of the class and as we where working on our lesons picked her nos and ate it.

Sounds like some of my neighbors who where teachers and some I had in school.... I had 1 teacher sat in front of the class and as we where working on our lesons picked her nos and ate it.

You could've left that last part out. <blech!>

We had a math teacher who did back springs filling out applications, petitioning recommendations, filming her class (repeated the same lessons over and over until they got the video "right"), etc. and won a National Teacher of the Year Award in math. (That was the year I figured out the award didn't mean Jack, and have since figured out none of that stuff tells a true story.)

Anyway, she managed to make and hand-sew 1000 beads on a christening dress for her illegitimate granddaughter during class time. Her son stole some jetskis, so they got him in the Marines to escape jail. She's the headmistress of a christian school, now.

Smoke and mirrors.

Back
Top Bottom