Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

In my local paper for the past couple of days:
1 year old laying hens, Leghorn & sexlings, Also, Bandys.

i know some people call sexlinks Sexlings (still think it's a funny name)
and bantums Bandys

CG

Although raised in the suburbs, I somehow inherited the obsession to garden/farm and all that goes with it. So even while living in an apartment, I'd dig up some dirt on the side of the building (with the landlord's permission) and plant some food. This of couse led to baffled people wondering what the hell I was up to, fiddling with plants like that. The saddest one was this little girl who had NO idea what any of it was, but learned the names pretty fast (nothing like eating something tasty to make you remember what it's called!) One time her mother wandered over, asking questions that she really should know the answers to, and I harvested some bush beans. "What are those things?!" "String beans." "You mean like you get in a can?!" :hmm I was pretty horrified.

Although raised in the suburbs, I somehow inherited the obsession to garden/farm and all that goes with it. So even while living in an apartment, I'd dig up some dirt on the side of the building (with the landlord's permission) and plant some food. This of couse led to baffled people wondering what the hell I was up to, fiddling with plants like that. The saddest one was this little girl who had NO idea what any of it was, but learned the names pretty fast (nothing like eating something tasty to make you remember what it's called!) One time her mother wandered over, asking questions that she really should know the answers to, and I harvested some bush beans. "What are those things?!" "String beans." "You mean like you get in a can?!" :hmm I was pretty horrified.

Uh, nooooo. They're NOTHING like what you get in a can.

In my local paper for the past couple of days:
1 year old laying hens, Leghorn & sexlings, Also, Bandys.

i know some people call sexlinks Sexlings (still think it's a funny name)
and bantums Bandys

CG
That's new, I've heard people refer to be bantams as "Banties" around here. It is actually common practice. But never heard of "Sexlings".

My mom is an Identical twin, meaning her sister looks like a carbon copy, close family can tell easily but friends and distant family esp. if they haven't seen them for a few years have a hard time trying to figure out whom is whom. My mom and I attended the church she grew up in for their 110 year anniversary (she moved out of town when she married my dad when they married) and we where at a lunch after the morning service, a gentleman came up to us my mom was speaking to a person at the table behind her each of them where talking over their shoulder (they where just having a quick conversation and neither needed to turn around) and a gentleman walked up and asked if we where still living in the city my aunt lives in, I told him no we where 2 hours away from where we were and he was thinking of my aunt, her twin, he said so how long have you been living there and not in the other city, I told him 40 years, because your thinking of my mom's twin not her, So you've been there that long? I thought you where in this other city? No that is MY AUNT MY MOM"S TWIN! WE NEVER HAVE LIVED THERE!!!!!!! Are you sure? I thought you lived there... and he walks off.... my aunt walks up before he got very far away I pointed him out and told her he apparently never knew you two where twins he thought my mom was you and couldn't understand why we lived where you did and you where two different people.....

some people
barnie.gif

A friend of a friend was visiting with his 4 year old son and I offered them some carrots from the garden and invited them to come pull them. We have a large garden and chickens in the suburbs but this family is in the inner city and I wondered if the boy had done that before. The adult said he was growing carrots for the first time but was shocked when we pulled a dozen or so up. "Is that all there is off each carrot top?!?! Just ONE carrot?!?". He has five carrots growing and he through he would get a whole bunch from each - you know, just like you buy a bunch in the supermarket, maybe minus the rubber band!
lau.gif

This isn't chicken related, but is a zoo story that applies, I believe. At work the other day, a guest asked me what the Rhino ate. I replied that he eats browse, hay. leaves, that sort of thing. The reply I received? "Oh, so he isn't a carnivore?" I would sure hope not, at 2000lbs + I would sincerely hope he's just a herbivore. LOL

Back
Top Bottom