Fuzzy's Farm

Morning Gigi
Hi Robin. Thanks to you and Rusty for the ideas on calming the dogs. I'm ready to try anything. It was a rough night plus am coming down with a cold gaaaah..

Those babies are the cutest things. Bottle feeding would be a job for sure. Are you going to shear your sheep in the spring? Or will you still have them? One of the guys I work with brought me a feed sack full of goat fur shearings. The fur is beautiful so I'm going to wash and card it and then mix is with some mohair to spin the fibers into yarn. They say it makes a really nice yarn. That's my summer project (one of them anyways). I'll send you postage if you want to mail me your sheep shearings-lol
smile.png

Ugh! I had to clean the coop a few days ago, when it was actually nice weather, and I have the feeling I'm already going to have to clean it again. The worst part is the nest boxes because the chickens all sleep together in that, so it leaves a ton of poop in it, which isn't the best setup for a hen to lay in.
roll.png

Any ideas on how to keep them from sleeping in the nest box?
idunno.gif

You are KILLING me!!!!! Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!
A TRIPLET!!! Poor thing!
How many do you usually get on bottle?
A lot of factors come into play when deciding who will be a bottle baby. I never ever leave 3 on a ewe and depending on how much milk the mother has determines how many I pull off her. Sometimes I have mothers that will have twins and decide they only want one of them, so that is another factor. The number I have on a bottle changes from year to year. I think last year I had 6 on the bottle. The newest one is already spoken for so she will go to a new home soon. The other two will go to the auction Saturday.
Hi Robin. Thanks to you and Rusty for the ideas on calming the dogs. I'm ready to try anything. It was a rough night plus am coming down with a cold gaaaah..

Those babies are the cutest things. Bottle feeding would be a job for sure. Are you going to shear your sheep in the spring? Or will you still have them? One of the guys I work with brought me a feed sack full of goat fur shearings. The fur is beautiful so I'm going to wash and card it and then mix is with some mohair to spin the fibers into yarn. They say it makes a really nice yarn. That's my summer project (one of them anyways). I'll send you postage if you want to mail me your sheep shearings-lol
smile.png
My sheep are hair sheep. No shearing.
smile.png
Best kind to have LOL

Hello everyone! Wow I've been one sick chick! Still feel like crap, hubby has located the charcoal, and is picking that and the Nauzene both up for me on way home! Didn't sleep to much last night, but know every line in the bathroom walls! Lol... I think the baby looks very real. Good job! Hate to hear that a few of you are under the weather also. The twins are precious.. Have never had anything except dogs, cats, and chickens! Might be fun to raise a lamb! Have a good day all, and thanks for everyone's advice!

Ugh! I had to clean the coop a few days ago, when it was actually nice weather, and I have the feeling I'm already going to have to clean it again. The worst part is the nest boxes because the chickens all sleep together in that, so it leaves a ton of poop in it, which isn't the best setup for a hen to lay in.
roll.png
Any ideas on how to keep them from sleeping in the nest box?
idunno.gif
maybe a different roosters...

I believe Nova meant different roosts...
Maybe they need a thicker one... or higher...

I have one hen that sleeps on top of the nesting box... drives me crazy but she can't poop in the box so I let her have her way.

Okay... so I think my super uggo's eggs are fertile!!! I cracked open 2 eggs for the girls this morning and Shawarmas had halos!!!

Do you see it too??? Am I completely crazy?
These had been in the fridge... but I kept todays egg out and hopefully I will get another tomorrow.

That would mean NN sizzles!!! and God only knows what color the babies would be because the dad is a partridge silkie and mom is a NN silver frizzle!!!

So I am setting up an extremely primitive brooder in my closet... BF is going to think I am crazy, but I figure worst case senario I waste a few eggs and e-... (or I burn down the house but I think I rigged it well and there is nothing in the closet but the "brooder"
I am trying to get the temps just right and humidity... I might do a dry incubation until hatch time...

give it a go. I'd loan you one of these broody broads... but by the time I got her to you, she'd probably not be broody.

HEY! I have 5, yes 5, hens broody right now. The only one I will not let brood this time of year is Coco.. BUT she is heck bent on it. I have taken her out of the nest box several times the last two days. Put her on the roost, but no, she know's better than I and will sit in an empty nest brooding straw. I threw her in the snow bank... didn't work... might have to do it again.

I believe Nova meant different roosts...
Maybe they need a thicker one... or higher...

I have one hen that sleeps on top of the nesting box... drives me crazy but she can't poop in the box so I let her have her way.

Okay... so I think my super uggo's eggs are fertile!!! I cracked open 2 eggs for the girls this morning and Shawarmas had halos!!!

Do you see it too??? Am I completely crazy?
These had been in the fridge... but I kept todays egg out and hopefully I will get another tomorrow.

That would mean NN sizzles!!! and God only knows what color the babies would be because the dad is a partridge silkie and mom is a NN silver frizzle!!!

So I am setting up an extremely primitive brooder in my closet... BF is going to think I am crazy, but I figure worst case senario I waste a few eggs and e-... (or I burn down the house but I think I rigged it well and there is nothing in the closet but the "brooder"
I am trying to get the temps just right and humidity... I might do a dry incubation until hatch time...
That's awesome! Don't forget to ship me a few free chicks. Gotta test em and make sure they're at the proper cuteness level.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom