Fuzzy's Farm

Hi All;
Sorry for the absence. Our latest grandbaby ended up in icu with a herpes infection of all things. They can be fatal in newborns so we've been on a rollercoaster ride over the last two weeks. I've been sitting in icu with him taking turns with mama and other grandma. He's finally doing really good. They started antivirals early and that's what saved him. He's gained 2 pounds the last week so we are really happy.

Fuzzy, I'm so sorry about all your chicken issues. How terrible.

Tee, I'm so sorry about your DH's mom. Life is really tough sometimes.

Rusty? What's going on?

So happier things. Goaties are doing great although Yosi (even though he's been fixed) has decided that he's going to breed all the little girl goats. This has turned him into a goat dictator who chases off the other two 'guys' and bullys everyone. We had a goat to person talk the other day but it hasn't helped. I need the girls to quit going into heat. grrrrrr

Three weeks and I retire!!!! Whoopeee!!!!

Wow, Gigi. I'm so glad your grandbaby is getting better and they caught it right away. An infection like that can do terrible things to newborns. I'll be thinking of the little guy.

As for DH's mom, I'm afraid you lost me. DH's mom is fine. Had to think on it, but perhaps you meant fuzzy's DH's grandma?
Congrats on your soon retirement. You sound like my supervisor. Every day she says 45 more days, 44 more days, 43 more days, etc etc LOL She's actually only working to the end of this month and then using up all her annual leave for all of December and then she's done. Like Nova, though, I am no where near that event in my life. Gotta say, though, I'm getting pretty tired at work. Mail volume is increasing daily and it's not going to let up until after Christmas is over and we are short staffed still so every day is long and packed.

Weather got a bit crazy for a bit here. I'm more inland so the first blast wasn't too bad, then the wind kicked in. Branches down and snapped in our trees and a 4 hour loss of power, but that's it. I had to take my son to work that night and the wind was blowing so hard that the rain was literally bouncing off the pavement in big fat pebble-y drops. He thought it was hail, but it was like the wind was skipping the rain drops off the road like when you skip a rock on water. Crazy.

Things are doing better here. I seperated my birds out by temperament. The 3 wilder ones will be rehomed. A few days after the big switch things were idyllic in the big flock.

Never did have the heart to finish the job with henry. He's overseeing the 3 for now. May give him the off colored ee hens when the others are gone

Gigi that is just terrible. I am so sorry and i am glad they caught it.

Yikes! Has the goat been getting in the weed something? Glad the baby is recovering. How scary!

Retirement... A far off dream.
Ha Ha! Maybe if he had he'd be a bit calmer. Maybe some salt peter but there's nothing there to salt...hmmmm....

Wow, Gigi. I'm so glad your grandbaby is getting better and they caught it right away. An infection like that can do terrible things to newborns. I'll be thinking of the little guy.

As for DH's mom, I'm afraid you lost me. DH's mom is fine. Had to think on it, but perhaps you meant fuzzy's DH's grandma?
Congrats on your soon retirement. You sound like my supervisor. Every day she says 45 more days, 44 more days, 43 more days, etc etc LOL She's actually only working to the end of this month and then using up all her annual leave for all of December and then she's done. Like Nova, though, I am no where near that event in my life. Gotta say, though, I'm getting pretty tired at work. Mail volume is increasing daily and it's not going to let up until after Christmas is over and we are short staffed still so every day is long and packed.

Weather got a bit crazy for a bit here. I'm more inland so the first blast wasn't too bad, then the wind kicked in. Branches down and snapped in our trees and a 4 hour loss of power, but that's it. I had to take my son to work that night and the wind was blowing so hard that the rain was literally bouncing off the pavement in big fat pebble-y drops. He thought it was hail, but it was like the wind was skipping the rain drops off the road like when you skip a rock on water. Crazy.

Thanks, Tee. Yeah, I had my messages messed up. That's what I get for being off so long. The weather up there sounds terrible. It's supposed to get cold and sleety here this weekend and I'm not looking forward to it. We fly to Chicago Tues and I'm hoping the weather that way is calmer.

Retirement -- Yeah, the last few weeks are tough. You just want it over. Arghhhhh.
Things are doing better here. I seperated my birds out by temperament. The 3 wilder ones will be rehomed. A few days after the big switch things were idyllic in the big flock.

Never did have the heart to finish the job with henry. He's overseeing the 3 for now. May give him the off colored ee hens when the others are gone

Gigi that is just terrible. I am so sorry and i am glad they caught it.
Thanks, Fuzzy. It's been so hard with the little guy in nicu. But he's doing good and actually has gained a couple of pounds - YAY!!!

Gigi, we're supposed to get rain tomorrow, rain/snow Friday, and snow Saturday. Since we tend to share the Chicago area weather on our side of the lake, who knows what Tuesday will bring. Hope it's good weather for your trip. Have a safe flight.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom