Fuzzy's Farm

How are your birds, Nova and Fuzzy. Now is not the time to have sick animals with all the cold/wind/snow. I'm so sorry.

What's the weather up there like this morning? We are up to 40 - whoo hoooo! A heat wave. I took the goats' coats off since I don't want them overheated and am going to do some tweaking on them today. I think I've got the problem of rolling solved although it will cost me a few bucks. You know those dog halters that fit around the body? The extra large ones fit my little goats perfectly. We've used them when we take one into the vet. Everyone at the vet's office thinks it's hilarious when we walk in with a goat on a leash. Anyway, I'm going to get those and put Velcro on both the top side of the straps of the body halter and the underneath part of the coat. Then I can just slap the coat on when it gets cold and pull it off when it warms up. They can't strangle themselves in those and the halter will prevent the coat from sliding so I'm thinking it will work out just perfect to use when the weather gets really bad. I think that heavy duty Velcro should hold the coat on without a problem.

My poor ex-department chair called this morning. She's still having issues with the jerk in our department. He's saying he's going to get a lawyer so she's had to meet with HR. He's one of those types who if they can't get things exactly the way they want they cause problems for everyone. I'm sooooo glad I don't have to deal with that stuff anymore.

I need some good veggie stew recipes. Anyone have anything? I think today is a bake bread and make stew day and try to get the house somewhat under control. Ha ha like that is going to happen. Fuzzy I wish we were closer. I have all this furniture that I brought home from my office that is now just sitting in the garage. I think it's your type of stuff. Bummer that I'm so far away.

Quote:Originally Posted by gigiok I like this solution! You are definitely on to something.

I'm doing my best to be a big girl. Hard. My big fear as always when i don't know what happened is that no one else gets sick. I can't afford an autopsy, so my next step is to find a place that'll do fecals and maybe blood samples???

i had switched back to purina........ not so sure now. I plain out don't trust them. I switched feed and my birds are starting to improve. Could be the sickness is running it's course, could be bad feed. Either way i don't trust them at all anymore. My cat ate purina indoor blend for a year or better, one day i bought a new bag and he started throwing up every time he ate. Quit eating; i returned the bag and bought some from a whole different corp. and he did great within 24 hours. Same year as the salmonella chicken thing. Used to be a great company.

Back
Top Bottom