I think you're thinking of either Ed Chiasson or me. Eds a nice guy and may sell you some eggs. His birds do have nice capes but im not sure of tying quality. If you just want length and no other qualities get a phoenix from a nice line. If you truly truly want to get into breeding hackle PM me and i will help you out. I dont want to see another person get fooled on hackles but i also dont like when people and serious about the time it takes to breed them. I dont mean that in a bad way just saying it takes patience that most people dont have.
How long have you been breeding genetic hackle birds?

I think you're thinking of either Ed Chiasson or me. Eds a nice guy and may sell you some eggs. His birds do have nice capes but im not sure of tying quality. If you just want length and no other qualities get a phoenix from a nice line. If you truly truly want to get into breeding hackle PM me and i will help you out. I dont want to see another person get fooled on hackles but i also dont like when people and serious about the time it takes to breed them. I dont mean that in a bad way just saying it takes patience that most people dont have.
Hey Johnny Kool, I can't seem to find the older forum I was referring to, but I'm sure it was one of you guys. I do want to work on developing my own line of hackle birds, but starting slow as more of a hobby. I'm looking to get started, learn and progress. Right now I want to find some eggs to hatch and start a base flock to move forward and learn with.

@dheltzel Are you getting eggs from these yet? I would love to have a boy maybe when I visit for other poultry in the spring....
I love looking at my Genetic Hackle birds. I don't tie flies, so I can't speak to the quality of their feathers for that purpose, but has anyone ever seen a rooster with prettier hackle and saddle feathers than this guy? I keep them for enjoyment only. For that purpose they are fine regardless of their "quality" for tying flies.
View attachment 1263991

@dheltzel Are you getting eggs from these yet? I would love to have a boy maybe when I visit for other poultry in the spring....
First genetic hackle eggs of the season are going into lockdown tonight! The roo I'm using is gorgeous - looks just like his father, but without the "bad attitude".

I've been warning the old one that if any of his sons behave themselves, he's likely to lose his post as flock master. It doesn't seem to make much difference how often I give him a good talking to. His is the only pen on the farm with a "mean rooster" warning sign. I might have a cape for sale later this year if he pisses me off one too many times . . .

First genetic hackle eggs of the season are going into lockdown tonight! The roo I'm using is gorgeous - looks just like his father, but without the "bad attitude".

I've been warning the old one that if any of his sons behave themselves, he's likely to lose his post as flock master. It doesn't seem to make much difference how often I give him a good talking to. His is the only pen on the farm with a "mean rooster" warning sign. I might have a cape for sale later this year if he pisses me off one too many times . . .

Hhmm...What's a cape? So maybe I can get one when I pick up some duckilings? :)

3 genetic hackle chicks hatched today! The first of 2018. 4 eggs were set, 1 was not fertile. 2 are crele (chipmunk striped chicks from barred parents), the other is black barred.

Back
Top Bottom