Getting a puppy AKC registered?

It is REALLY expensive to go back and back register a couple generations with AKC. Late fees are high, and it just adds up really quick. You might be WAY cheaper off to just buy a puppy with up to the minute paperwork, lol.

About two years ago AKC made it so if you have a dog or puppy that come from a background that can be traced to a solid line of AKC or AKC registrable stock you will be able to get your puppy registered. You will not have to pay for the unregistered dogs in the pedigree, it will cost $30. So get your puppy's CKC papers and CKC pedigree and send it in to AKC they will do the research for you. I have a UKC dog I got registered this way, and he is now FULL AKC. Here's info from AKC about this. http://www.akc.org/contact/answer_center/faq_dogreg.cfm

Oh forgot to say both parents of your puppy will have to be registered with CKC (which is very easy to do with the continental kennel club and cost very little). Then you need to get the CKC papers on your puppy and send them in to AKC. Some people are saying they won't honor continental kennel club papers but yes they will if the lines go back to AKC registered or could have been AKC registered. My friend recently got a bunch of her ACA dogs transferred to AKC papers using this method.

Quote:
show me chick is correct..any dog that can show lines back to AKC they will take back,,AKC is not the God of registrys,,CKC,APRI,UKC all have shows and are doing well,it is true they are in their infancy compared to AKC..and AKC seems to have forgotten who buttered their bread for many many years and actually made them who they are financially,,,and it wasnt the hobby or show breeders..

I dont know how truthful AKC paperwork is anyways.,..
I have a female saint bernard that is SURELY mixed with something else..
And yet she came with AKC papers..
lol.png

AKC got a big wake up call when they started having money problems. They started realizing us larger and small non-show pet breeders were the ones supporting the majority of the money for their fancy shows. I have a friend that has a few hundred breeding dogs and AKC kisses her butt in private but not in public.

AKC papers can be pulled when DNA doesn't match up, this can take several years sometimes to find out and affect many generations... so yes papers are only as good as the breeders word unless the line is already proven solid in DNA testing.

CKC (Continental Kennel Club) will register a hamster if the pic makes it look enough like a dog. AKC has another program that they will register a dog as limited(sort of) if it looks exactly like the breed it is representing. this allows you to show in Obedience trials, herding events, tracking, ETC and get ribbons and titles, but the dog has to be fixed. It can't be shown in Breed classes, because the point of showing it in those is to continue the line through breeding. So, no breeding allowed. best bet, Contact AKC yourself and get it from the dogs mouth. so to speak. They'll give you the 100% truth.

Back
Top Bottom