Getting a puppy AKC registered?

Shame on AKC and shame on your friend, then.

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
She's has some of the top lines in the US. I seen her buy a stud dog for $9,000. She puts out hunderds of quality puppies a year with top lines and has a state of the art kennel.​

CKC (Continental Kennel Club) will register a hamster if the pic makes it look enough like a dog. AKC has another program that they will register a dog as limited(sort of) if it looks exactly like the breed it is representing. this allows you to show in Obedience trials, herding events, tracking, ETC and get ribbons and titles, but the dog has to be fixed. It can't be shown in Breed classes, because the point of showing it in those is to continue the line through breeding. So, no breeding allowed. best bet, Contact AKC yourself and get it from the dogs mouth. so to speak. They'll give you the 100% truth.

I'm giving the 100% truth! AKC will register a CKC dog as long as somewhere in the pedigree is a solid line of dogs that could have been registered AKC. And I'm not talking limited AKC.... they will give you Full AKC with breeding rights. And AKC will only change $30.​

Heres my AKC Saint Bernard.. As you can see, shes def not a pure Saint Bernard..
Soo... Who knows..
idunno.gif
I think shes mixed with a Lab or golden or something..
Either way, it doesnt matter to me, as i never turn in the AKC papers anyway..
tongue.png

2008_02020014.jpg

2008_12250038.jpg

2008_07200059.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
My understanding is that CKC will register any dog but they have levels. The lowest for mutts then several levels of pure breed going up as the breed line history goes up.

AKC dont care what a dog looks like at all as long as the parents were registered.

Even though some of my dogs are registered, I dont sell them as registered. Registration is a sales pitch... Nothing more.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah..i dont care.. i never ever have turned in any of my predigree papers on any of my animals anyways.
It just shows though, that AKC papers sometimes arent very truthful...
I guess it all depends on the breeder..

If you are not breeding, showing or entering other trials AKC papers are useless. Finally the AKC is monitoring puppy mills and making stud dog owners submit DNA to have on file if testing is necessary. But it is so true that AKC registry has nothing to do with the quality of a dog. The AKC does not set the standard for each breed, there is a national club which submits a standard to the AKC for approval. Anyone interested in a particular breed should go to the breed's website for a wealth of info. My opinion about AKC showing and standards is that some written description of a breed is necessary and individual dogs should be judged to make sure they confirm to the standard. Without this " quality assurance" a Doberman in Georgia would look entirely different than a Doberman in CA in very few generations. Yes, there are a lot of politics in judging but on the whole deserving dogs can and do receive their championship. My 2 yr. old Doberman just finished last month on the Florida winter circuit. :)

Redhen Wrote:Yeah..i dont care.. i never ever have turned in any of my predigree papers on any of my animals anyways.
It just shows though, that AKC papers sometimes arent very truthful...
I guess it all depends on the breeder..

Yes your right. Many AKC dogs are not pure and I know this since I've been in the breeders circle for many years. I wish I could get into detail but don't really want to for many reasons. But I will tell you this... The testing AKC DNA doesn't determine if a dog is pure. AKC only requires frequently used sires, imported breeders and AI frozen/fresh semen to be DNA tested and that leaves a major chances that impure puppies are being produced and registered.​

Yep, Show Me Chick you are right about the DNA testing. At the least the AKC can use the DNA to check that a registered stud is, in fact, the sire of a litter. I know someone who bought a dachshund with AKC papers and the sire was obviously mixed with chiuahua. DNA testing might have shown the registry was fraudulent and the puppy mill would be fined or lose their ability to register as AKC.

Back
Top Bottom