Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

OMG too funny....

Look what I just hatched! I am so amazed and she wont be sold, she will stay here! I AM IN LOVE WITH These chicks!

Its an Americana X CCL !!!! and to think we were eating all those eggs! DOH!!!

on another note, too much heavy snow not good on my netting!! arggggggggg girls will need cooped up for a while!

Sally, what breed is CCL?

Me too!!! And how blue do the eggs turn out?
thumbsup.gif

Will you be selling any CCL Roo's this summer, Sally? I love the way they look!
I have a ton of males come get them!!! LOL and yes I can ship in the spring, but not just one lol...
I have other breeds too winky wink! I can hook u all up with the facebook page, send message if you want a link up!

Here is a link to a webpage that showes Oxen. The reason I am posting it is they are yoked with a different kind of yoke most people seee.

Not the big bar that goes across the neck with a loop of wood that comes up from underneath.

http://rossfarm.novascotia.ca/what-see-do/animals/oxen

These yokes have to be hand made FOR the particular Oxen and pretty much cannot be used for another. But when i was reading up on the subject they are very comfortable for the Ox. The yoke uses leather to fasten it to the back side of the horns. The making of these yokes is becoming a lost art.

Also for what its worth a regular collar and hames can be used for a single Ox. Modified of course to fit.

deb

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom