Do you have goats?

• Total voters
Pics
Question for all you goat-keepers: what would you do about these goats?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66108809
It depends on just what and how much damage they are doing, imo.
And that article doesn't really say.
For example here where I live, feral goats do an enormous amount of damage to the native plants, so have to be got rid of as much as possible. But if they aren't doing very much harm, why not leave them?

Question for all you goat-keepers: what would you do about these goats?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66108809
I'd be pretty mad if I lived in town and a herd of goats started showing up and eating my plants and pooping all over the place, so I can see why some people want them gone. It's one thing for visitors to enjoy seeing them roam around but a very different thing for the people that have to live with them. Not to mention they don't know what the long term effect might be on the local wildlife if they allowed the goats to keep roaming around (assuming there is some natural areas and it's not just all houses and businesses). Goats can do a lot of damage, so I'd be for removing them.

The guy saying there are no solutions, and it would be like trying to get rid of bees... That's a ridiculous comparison. :he I can't say what I really think about that guy because of the community rules. With a few people, strategically placed temporary fencing, and a few good herding dogs they could move those goats onto a trailer or to a properly fenced area.

Bringing home our newest addition now....
Rascal Red Dapple Boer
PXL_20230708_154242635.jpg

Hey all, I am having a hard time tying my goats out...

And suggestions...

What's the best thing to use.
I have halter ropes and harnesses....

I've "walked" them with the harness...but alas...they wanna stay where the food is...

They come to me for treats, but do not walk nicely...is there a way to remedy this...or is this just goats 🤣🤣

I love dapple boers! Of course we don't have them in Aus :hit
I have bred my boer with my Pygmy buck though so I am eager to see what the babies look like!
Mr muddy wanted Kalahari reds but couldn’t get them here in the US…….I think you have them in Aus
I may breed him to my Pygmy next year to see what we get. In the meantime, we’re hoping to find him a couple Boer does by November.

Bringing home our newest addition now....
Rascal Red Dapple Boer
View attachment 3570443
PXL_20230708_171507245.jpg
PXL_20230708_171519011.jpg
PXL_20230708_171526947.jpg

Here's some better photos of him. I could only get a couple because we had a little accident getting him from the truck to the pasture and his horn split Mr Muddy's lip open so we had to run to my office and stitch him up.

Mr muddy wanted Kalahari reds but couldn’t get them here in the US…….I think you have them in Aus
I may breed him to my Pygmy next year to see what we get. In the meantime, we’re hoping to find him a couple Boer does by November.
Yes, there is the Kalahari reds. I am loving my mini boer, she makes me love boers even more :love I wish I was allowed more! I've said multiple times I'm gonna have a hard time not keeping her babies 🥲
20230709_101132~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom