Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a food saver(vacumn bag sealer) how long will veggies stay edible as long as they are frozen? Same with canned goods,how long will they last? How about home canned food in mason jars?
I've eaten commercial canned goods years after the date on the can. It's not an expiration date, it's a best by date. Case in point--just opened some sweetened condensed milk. One can dated for 2007 looked like it was chocolate--had a brown color and some dried, crusty on the edge. Tossed that one. Two more were dated for 2011, looked and smelled just fine. Made a double batch of fudge and haven't died yet.

"Safety regulations" say home canned things are good for a year. Everyone who had a Gramma who canned has probably eaten stuff far older than that! I've eaten things 10 or so years old, still kicking. Just exercise common sense, remember why God gave us a sense of smell, and toss anything that looks or smells iffy.

Right now I am not so sure about Obamacare and how we can afford it. It would cost 2500 a month for family with over $5,000 deductible.

So higher your deductible, the cheaper your monthly payment would be. I just can not see how anyone could afford it over the "Great Depression".

Right now I am not so sure about Obamacare and how we can afford it. It would cost 2500 a month for family with over $5,000 deductible.

So higher your deductible, the cheaper your monthly payment would be. I just can not see how anyone could afford it over the "Great Depression".
Your not suppose to afford it. Your supposed to come crying to the government to take over health care completely. Government healthcare was the plan from day one an it failed to pass. The point of this was to disrupt healthcare enough to then be able to pass it later.

Yes,that madatory health insurance is going to cause a lot of financial difficulty.So many madatory things we have to buy.

What good is insurance that costs 8k with a 12k deductible if you still don't know if they will cover your bill.My mom will have to pay 500 a month for herself.She will have to sell her house to pay.

We cut back on spending,gas,water,electric then prices for everything got raised! People are going to be hurting.

Funny, our homes and car and farm insurance is less than health insurance on the premimums, the monthly payments and so forth. Yeah, we "break" down more than our cars or a home with dry rot and termite eaten.

Sounds like "survival for the fittest".

Yes,that madatory health insurance is going to cause a lot of financial difficulty.So many madatory things we have to buy.

What good is insurance that costs 8k with a 12k deductible if you still don't know if they will cover your bill.My mom will have to pay 500 a month for herself.She will have to sell her house to pay.

We cut back on spending,gas,water,electric then prices for everything got raised! People are going to be hurting.

What really kills me about Obamacare is that I cannot buy what I want, I have to buy what the government says I need. But maybe I'll sleep better now that I will be covered if I get pregnant.

If I could keep my old insurance AND pay the fine, I would be better off and happier.

At age 76 when you most need it most, you are not eligible for cancer treatment * see page 272

Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts.

Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).

Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.

Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age.

Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years. (Death counseling..)

Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

Maybe someone should have read it before they passed it!

At age 76 when you most need it most, you are not eligible for cancer treatment * see page 272

Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts.

Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).

Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.

Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospital will ration care according to the patient's age.

Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years. (Death counseling..)

Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

Maybe someone should have read it before they passed it!

Some if not most or even all, are not true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom