Green Egg Envy: Our attempts at breeding our own olive eggers!

Well one of my Olive chicks disappeared last night.
1f612.png
Half the chickens were lose and the little black with a tail was gone.
Probably an owl. If it was it will be back to get more. So sorry!

Well surprised surprise! After being gone since 7am in the morning (and we searched everywhere) that little black chick magically showed up at dinner time (6pm) and proceeded to eat all my spouse's newly planted broccoli plants before we noticed!

Quote:
Glad he showed back up. LOL on the plants. I have a friend who is trying to plant flats of 'cat grass' to sell at Farmers' market. The problem is that she has cats that keep eating it off to the ground before she can get to it.

Well surprised surprise! After being gone since 7am in the morning (and we searched everywhere) that little black chick magically showed up at dinner time (6pm) and proceeded to eat all my spouse's newly planted broccoli plants before we noticed!

Thank goodness it showed back up!

I hope they are also Delicious...

I've come to the conclusion that two of our green egger chicks will NOT be laying green eggs. In fact, they won't be laying ANY eggs. 'Cause they're boys.
hmm.png
Since we don't have room (and it's against the city ordinance!) for roosters, they will be going to the big pasture in the sky, and also the soup pot! Which is too bad, because they are beautiful little dudes! One being a barred splash, the other black with golden spots.

RIP Boys.​

Kind of following this thread. I have an EE that lays light green eggs. After my hand raised roo (Wyandotte) got aggressive and went bye bye, I decided to get a Black Copper Marans and see how olive egger I can get.
I've never been much into chickens, but having grandkids come over, I wanted to make sure I had "friendly" chickens.
Really hoping this new roo works out.

Pardon his dirtiness, it was a several hour haul home

I have my first layer! And she is early! Not as green as I hoped, but still... :)

I will try to get a better picture later. It really is more green than this one shows, I just couldn't capture it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom