Greenfield Indiana poultry ordinance-want to change it?

I am also very interested in getting this ordinance changed. I can't seem to find the facebook page, has it been deleted again?

I am willing to do my part and whatever it takes to make this happen, but I have never dealt with changing ordinances and do not really know where to start. Let me know if there is still anyone working on this.

I realize it’s been several years, but I’m interested in changing the backyard chicken ordinance too, and am wondering if there’s any other interest?

I am also very interested in getting this ordinance changed. I can't seem to find the facebook page, has it been deleted again?

I am willing to do my part and whatever it takes to make this happen, but I have never dealt with changing ordinances and do not really know where to start. Let me know if there is still anyone working on this.

I would! Please let me know

I realize it’s been several years, but I’m interested in changing the backyard chicken ordinance too, and am wondering if there’s any other interest?

Hey there! I just saw this new reply! The email for that woman is defunked now. Im very interested. I know its the weekend but i was thinking about calling reporters from the paper to ask if they could write an artical about this and the need, how carmel alows chickens.

Hey there! I just saw this new reply! The email for that woman is defunked now. Im very interested. I know its the weekend but i was thinking about calling reporters from the paper to ask if they could write an artical about this and the need, how carmel alows chickens.
It’s good to know there are others interested! I haven’t gotten too far in my research, but I know they’re allowed in Indianapolis and Bloomington too! I contacted some people from the city government last year, one of them seemed sympathetic, I will see if I can find the email.

It’s good to know there are others interested! I haven’t gotten too far in my research, but I know they’re allowed in Indianapolis and Bloomington too! I contacted some people from the city government last year, one of them seemed sympathetic, I will see if I can find the email.

Hello! I’m new to a lot here. This is my first time registering and commenting. I found this forum because I too was looking for regulations on chickens in Greenfield, IN. We are about to build a house in Sawmill neighborhood. I currently live in Franklin township. We are allowed to have chickens here and we would really like to finally get some now that my kids are a bit older. I used to help operate the chickens in the Conner barn with Kevyn Miller at Conner Prairie. Plus various other friends farms and I miss being around chickens.
I grew up living in Castleton area of Indy and got permission as a kid (over 10 years ago) to keep goats in our suburban backyard for a 4-H project. I feel like if Indy was down with goats and chickens over 10 years ago, it’s time Greenfield catches up with the times! I’m all in 4-h style for changing the world (my community in this case) to make it a better (chicken friendly) place.
What can I do to help the movement?!

Hello! I’m new to a lot here. This is my first time registering and commenting. I found this forum because I too was looking for regulations on chickens in Greenfield, IN. We are about to build a house in Sawmill neighborhood. I currently live in Franklin township. We are allowed to have chickens here and we would really like to finally get some now that my kids are a bit older. I used to help operate the chickens in the Conner barn with Kevyn Miller at Conner Prairie. Plus various other friends farms and I miss being around chickens.
I grew up living in Castleton area of Indy and got permission as a kid (over 10 years ago) to keep goats in our suburban backyard for a 4-H project. I feel like if Indy was down with goats and chickens over 10 years ago, it’s time Greenfield catches up with the times! I’m all in 4-h style for changing the world (my community in this case) to make it a better (chicken friendly) place.
What can I do to help the movement?!

p.s. I noticed while reading through my neighborhood HOA rules that it will be important to label chickens as a common household animal in the state of Indiana. I would guess that will be a similar restriction to other neighborhoods. If we word things careful when getting laws changed. It could open up chicken ownership for a lot of residents of Greenfield. Since so many other cities around Indy area let alone the state of IN allow chickens, seems like solid grounds to start on for making a change in Greenfield

Back
Top Bottom