Guinea pigs as meat

do a search on facebook and the group will come up. trust me its the only group with MEAT and CUY in the group name! ;) i have alot going on right now and not keepin up with all the threads so well. i currently dont have *any* guinea pigs right now. things were all messing up unfortunately. i am hoping to put away some money and be able to buy some imported stock ((which is super expensive, like $500 for one boar and two sows was a super sale price and there is a long waiting list once you find someone with them)).

So after doing tons of reading on guinea pigs I decided to go out and get a few. I was told two big ones I picked up were females and then I started comparing and I think I have two boys. I have tried watching videos online and am completely unsure. What if you cannot get a penis to pop up-- does their penis just look like a rabbit's? I don't want to start fighting. Any suggestions?

Just two boars together will usually get along unless a sow is around.
A sow will kinda part/pout out but thats it and the top of the "bits" area will look like a triangle.
A boar will have a spot in the triangle part where the penis will pop out from. If you put your thumb gently just above the area and roll your thumb pushing the skin toward the head the penis will pop out. Boars about 3month or more will be pretty easy to tell bc their testicles make their bits area look much bigger, like a swollen look.

That's OK. According to Odin we're all supposed to drink heavily every day and die in battle. Pretty sure I'd dislike that the same as not having unique food options. Good thing it's an optional choice for anyone to pursue either. :3

I've been interested in guniea pigs for food. Anyone have a personal experience with the meat where thy can describe the flavor?

I think i posted a bit back about the one i cooked up.

my father lived in Peru for about 6 years before moving back home to Canada and he would always show up at my friends home to pick me up and when he came in he would stare at her pet Guinea Pigs and lick his lips going "Cuye, Cuye, Cuye" hahahahah she hated it but when I finally got to go down to Peru after he passed away (my stepmother was from Peru so we stayed with family) I was determined to try it and oh my goodness it is so tasty! I do agree though that it isn't a whole lot of meat per animal so maybe not a business you could start in the Americas that would boom. Wish I could have it again, pretty sure the people in my area would lynch me if they found out though ahhahaha

Thanks-- I feel I definitely have two boys now. I stuck them in together and they basically are fine with each other taking turns occasionally to hump the other one's head. But no one seems to mind. They are definitely not rabbits.

do a search on facebook and the group will come up. trust me its the only group with MEAT and CUY in the group name! ;) i have alot going on right now and not keepin up with all the threads so well. i currently dont have *any* guinea pigs right now. things were all messing up unfortunately. i am hoping to put away some money and be able to buy some imported stock ((which is super expensive, like $500 for one boar and two sows was a super sale price and there is a long waiting list once you find someone with them)).

Can't find the group lol.

Back
Top Bottom