Hands on hatching and help

Yeah this little one seems to have fluid in its lungs. Hopefully it will expel it all.. :( my little man seems to be on the mend even though he is still coughing. My 4 year old is starting in now and came to bed with us last night.. such a long night..

Try massaging his back and neck to loosen up the fluid. Do you hear a clicking sound when he breathes? Also steam (like the bathroom with the shower on) might loosen it up. My kids are getting sore throats and stuffy noses. School starts in 6 days! They have not gotten sick all summer, why now?! I'm going crazy trying to get them ready for school (physicals, instruments, school supplies). This summer went by to quick. I'm making them drink lots of the emergen-C packets. Have you tried those? I hope your little ones feel better quickly and the baby doesn't get it (that's the worst)!

Thank you everyone! I think hes gonna make it. Gave him save a chick with a medicine dropper every hour and now hes all fluffed up and even running in short bursts (about 5 steps)then he nuzzles down into his pine shavings and naps, which i guess/hope is normal for his age? Now i need to candle the other eggs i guess and then maybe i can take a little break, me and my little ones are sick too lol thank you all soo much

So happy to hear that!!! Seriously, that awesome news! Sounds like he's doing great!

Try massaging his back and neck to loosen up the fluid. Do you hear a clicking sound when he breathes? Also steam (like the bathroom with the shower on) might loosen it up. My kids are getting sore throats and stuffy noses. School starts in 6 days! They have not gotten sick all summer, why now?! I'm going crazy trying to get them ready for school (physicals, instruments, school supplies). This summer went by to quick. I'm making them drink lots of the emergen-C packets. Have you tried those? I hope your little ones feel better quickly and the baby doesn't get it (that's the worst)!
So happy to hear that!!! Seriously, that awesome news! Sounds like he's doing great!

So I've been holding the chick with beak facing down and gently swinging it. So far it seems to be helping empty the goop. I'm worried it may have an infection too though. I thought the membrane looked strange. It was a yellowish color or the goop in the egg was. I need to make up some antibiotics but I don't know if I have enough. :(
Our kiddos started school last week. My middle guy is in preschool. I'm thinking this is how my baby boy has got sick. I'm breastfeeding and they always say it's so great because of the antibodies in your milk. Well Roman is sick non stop. Mine must not work right or something. . :(

So I've been holding the chick with beak facing down and gently swinging it. So far it seems to be helping empty the goop. I'm worried it may have an infection too though. I thought the membrane looked strange. It was a yellowish color or the goop in the egg was. I need to make up some antibiotics but I don't know if I have enough.
sad.png

Our kiddos started school last week. My middle guy is in preschool. I'm thinking this is how my baby boy has got sick. I'm breastfeeding and they always say it's so great because of the antibodies in your milk. Well Roman is sick non stop. Mine must not work right or something. .
sad.png
We started this week. My boy is in 3rd. I breastfed. He was almost 3 before I could get him to wean. Never had a bottle and did not want to give up on his nightime feeding to go to sleep. He was a healthy baby and toddler. He's only ever had one ear infection, and he was 2 weeks shy of his 4th bday when he got that. Then he started head start...and was constantly sick. One of my visits to the dr, he was really sick, had strep, and she looked at him and went, "You're mommy is going to pull you out of school isn't she?" She knew I had been thinking about homeschooling from the beginning, and I can't say she supported the idea...lol Once he started public schools, it was awful. I was so frustrated that my very sick-free kiddo was constantly sick. I was hoping that after a year of headstart that his immunity would be better for kindergarten, but no. I pulled him for the last quarter of kindergarten to try the homeschooling. Not because he was sick as often as he was not, though, it's one of many many factors. Since we've been homeschooling the only major sickness he's had is last year new years we all got the flu. (That was horrible. I got it first so I was still reeling when the other two came down with it.)

Sorry to hear the little chick isn't do that great. Hate handling things like that.

We started this week. My boy is in 3rd.  I breastfed. He was almost 3 before I could get him to wean. Never had a bottle and did not want to give up on his nightime feeding to go to sleep.  He was a healthy baby and toddler. He's only ever had one ear infection, and he was 2 weeks shy of his 4th bday when he got that. Then he started head start...and was constantly sick.  One of my visits to the dr, he was really sick, had strep, and she looked at him and went, "You're mommy is going to pull you out of school isn't she?"  She knew I had been thinking about homeschooling from the beginning, and I can't say she supported the idea...lol  Once he started public schools, it was awful. I was so frustrated that my very sick-free kiddo was constantly sick.  I was hoping that after a year of headstart that his immunity would be better for kindergarten, but no. I pulled him for the last quarter of kindergarten to try the homeschooling. Not because he was sick as often as he was not, though, it's one of many many factors. Since we've been homeschooling the only major sickness he's had is last year new years we all got the flu. (That was horrible. I got it first so I was still reeling when the other two came down with it.)

Sorry to hear the little chick isn't do that great. Hate handling things like that.

How do you keep up with homeschooling and everything else? I've thought about it myself. We have alot of behaviorAL problems with my 12 year old son. He has always been difficult. He was diagnosed with adhd and a visual processing disorder. He does so poorly in school. I've been thinking about home school but not sure if I could keep up. I'd feel awful if I wasn't a good enough teacher..

How do you keep up with homeschooling and everything else? I've thought about it myself. We have alot of behaviorAL problems with my 12 year old son. He has always been difficult. He was diagnosed with adhd and a visual processing disorder. He does so poorly in school. I've been thinking about home school but not sure if I could keep up. I'd feel awful if I wasn't a good enough teacher..
That's something every single homeschooling parent worries about at some point. If they are teaching their children enough. I go through it many times a year. My son isn't where I'd like to see him in reading fluency, but I have to stop and remind myself that before we started he couldn't read at all. When we started he couldn't multiple, we are multiplying now. New York is one of the 5 most restrictive states for homeschooling, we have to have 180 days, the equilivent of 5 hours a day, we have to fill out a Letter of intent, then IHIP paper work and once your Ihips are accepted you are homeschooling you have to turn in quarterly reports and an end of year assesment. We are mandated to do testing at certain years and the state has subject requirements as well. So far my school disctrict has been pretty good and I haven't had any problems. On the opposite end of that spectrum you have states like Texas that have no real requirements and no state testing for homeschoolers.

There's many on line programs and apps that you can use to help support your teachings. I create our own curriculm so it's individualized. There are many commercial curriculums to use plus most states have the k12 program that is an online public school for home.

It's not joy and giggles all day everyday, there are tough days and there are days I have to close up everything and save it for another day. But overall, I'm glad that we are homeschooling. I don't know if I could do it for multiple kids, I only have my one. Which is enoug, especially throwing in the factor I take care of my elderly father.
Pinterest has many pins to all different blogs from all different types of homeschooling families. From single children to large families, from classical schooling to unschooling. They are interesting to read no matter what method or family size you have.

If the parents have the patience and the willingness to do research and seek out advice with special needs, homeschooling can make a bog difference to kids with these special needs because you can teach to their needs and make allowences and changes that they can't in public school.

Many homeschool philosophies believe that anyone can homeschool and any child can be homeschooled. I don't subscribe to that philosophy. I think there are children that should be in public school and I don't think everyone is cut out to be their child's teacher. I honestly have one of the best behaved kids that I know and we still have our moments of head to head and I question if I am not stupid for homeschooling....lol Then everything blows over and settles back down and we make progress.

That's something every single homeschooling parent worries about at some point.  If they are teaching their children enough.  I go through it many times a year. My son isn't where I'd like to see him in reading fluency, but I have to stop and remind myself that before we started he couldn't read at all. When we started he couldn't multiple, we are multiplying now.  New York is one of the 5 most restrictive states for homeschooling, we have to have 180 days, the equilivent of 5 hours a day, we have to fill out a Letter of intent, then IHIP paper work and once your Ihips are accepted you are homeschooling you have to turn in quarterly reports and an end of year assesment. We are mandated to do testing at certain years and the state has subject requirements as well. So far my school disctrict has been pretty good and I haven't had any problems.  On the opposite end of that spectrum you have states like Texas that have no real requirements and no state testing for homeschoolers.

There's many on line programs and apps that you can use to help support your teachings. I create our own curriculm so it's individualized. There are many commercial curriculums to use plus most states have the k12 program that is an online public school for home.

It's not joy and giggles all day everyday, there are tough days and there are days I have to close up everything and save it for another day. But overall, I'm glad that we are homeschooling. I don't know if I could do it for multiple kids, I only have my one. Which is enoug, especially throwing in the factor I take care of my elderly father.  
Pinterest has many pins to all different blogs from all different types of homeschooling families. From single children to large families, from classical schooling to unschooling.  They are interesting to read no matter what method or family size you have.

If the parents have the patience and the willingness to do research and seek out advice with special needs, homeschooling can make a bog difference to kids with these special needs because you can teach to their needs and make allowences and changes that they can't in public school.

Many homeschool philosophies believe that anyone can homeschool and any child can be homeschooled. I don't subscribe to that philosophy. I think there are children that should be in public school and I don't think everyone is cut out to be their child's teacher.  I honestly have one of the best behaved kids that I know and we still have our moments of head to head and I question if I am not stupid for homeschooling....lol  Then everything blows over and settles back down and we make progress. 

Right now my son has an iep. Unfortunately the principal doesn't really abide by it. Even when we have the iep meetings not everyone is there who should be. I just don't feel like they are doing all they can for him. He definitely needs more one on one but he can be so difficult to work with. I don't know if I have the patience lol. I give you props though. It's not easy. If we ever decide to go that route I'll be back with more questions lol.

So I've been holding the chick with beak facing down and gently swinging it. So far it seems to be helping empty the goop. I'm worried it may have an infection too though. I thought the membrane looked strange. It was a yellowish color or the goop in the egg was. I need to make up some antibiotics but I don't know if I have enough. :(
Our kiddos started school last week. My middle guy is in preschool. I'm thinking this is how my baby boy has got sick. I'm breastfeeding and they always say it's so great because of the antibodies in your milk. Well Roman is sick non stop. Mine must not work right or something. . :(

I breastfed each one of mine, still nursing the 20 month old. Each one is so different. My first was constantly sick. I mean he'd get a high fever and an ear infection every 3 weeks. Then he developed allergies. He was allergic to penicillin and anyone related to it. Covered in eczema, heat to toe. Just a really, really sensitive baby. When I had my second one I figured he'd be sick a lot too and he literally never got sick as a baby. Not even once. And he's got this thing about having to put everything in his mouth, even to this day. When he was little, I'd be loading the groceries on the belt to checkout and he'd lean over from the shopping cart and be licking the grocery belt as it was moving! He'd lick the railings on escalators and public stairs! I don't know how he didn't get sick with ingesting all those germs! My third one is a mix. He's gotten pretty sick here and there but with good breaks in between.

Well my little chick couldn't hang on anymore. I think it had an infection. I started antibiotics on it this afternoon but I was to late. Ugh I just hate this part of raising chicks. It just breaks your heart!! :(

Awww. So sorry. At least it went naturally. :hugs

Right now my son has an iep. Unfortunately the principal doesn't really abide by it. Even when we have the iep meetings not everyone is there who should be. I just don't feel like they are doing all they can for him. He definitely needs more one on one but he can be so difficult to work with. I don't know if I have the patience lol. I give you props though. It's not easy. If we ever decide to go that route I'll be back with more questions lol.

You should talk to my mom. My younger brother is adhd and dyslexic. The school was not following his iep and my step dad actually sued the school district and won! They had to pay for my brother to go to a private school that specializes in learning issues and disabilities. When he was in public school he kept getting pushed through to the next grade. By 5th grade he only had a 2nd grade reading level. He did so good in the private school! In 2 years he was reading at his grade level. He was like a different kid! You've got rights and the law on your side. There are some support groups that can help you talk to the school and make sure they are following protocol.

If they don't follow his IEP, you can nail their hides to a wall!!! I am more than willing to talk homeschool anytime you want.
smile.png

Here is a pic of my adorable chocolate and chocolate cuckoo orps. They have their adorable fluffy butts. Can wait to see how they grow out!!
Adorable.

I breastfed each one of mine, still nursing the 20 month old. Each one is so different. My first was constantly sick. I mean he'd get a high fever and an ear infection every 3 weeks. Then he developed allergies. He was allergic to penicillin and anyone related to it. Covered in eczema, heat to toe. Just a really, really sensitive baby. When I had my second one I figured he'd be sick a lot too and he literally never got sick as a baby. Not even once. And he's got this thing about having to put everything in his mouth, even to this day. When he was little, I'd be loading the groceries on the belt to checkout and he'd lean over from the shopping cart and be licking the grocery belt as it was moving! He'd lick the railings on escalators and public stairs! I don't know how he didn't get sick with ingesting all those germs! My third one is a mix. He's gotten pretty sick here and there but with good breaks in between.
Awww. So sorry. At least it went naturally.
hugs.gif

You should talk to my mom. My younger brother is adhd and dyslexic. The school was not following his iep and my step dad actually sued the school district and won! They had to pay for my brother to go to a private school that specializes in learning issues and disabilities. When he was in public school he kept getting pushed through to the next grade. By 5th grade he only had a 2nd grade reading level. He did so good in the private school! In 2 years he was reading at his grade level. He was like a different kid! You've got rights and the law on your side. There are some support groups that can help you talk to the school and make sure they are following protocol.
My son never had oral issues with having to chew or put things in his mouth. Even at the crawling stage he wouldn't find things to put in his mouth. Always amazed me. Then over the last year, he started chewing on his toys having to have something in his mouth when he's on the PC. I've thought purchasing a oral toy for him from one of the Autism sites!! He's had quite a few autistic traits, late speech, anti social behavior (until about 3 1/2) sound and touch sensativities, and when he was younger, the meltdowns that came with the anti social episodes....omg if a stranger talked to him, he flipped out. He still has sound sensativity- not as bad. Touch sensativity, very little. Now you can't get him to stop talking to anyone and everyone he sees, he's my social butterfly....lol He processes learning differently, I just haven't figured out how...lol Watching him working a problem to figure it out is like a mystery...

I said if I ever put him back in school I would have him evaluated first and see about an IEP possibility.

Back
Top Bottom