Hands on hatching and help

One is speckled. In the beggining temps may have been a bit low but now both temp and humid levels are good. Air sac looks good as well. I started counting on the day i set them so definetly off on the hatch day. I lost some chicks in their egg's and they were at very different stages of development so maybe these egg's are just not ready yet?

As long as I would see movement, I'd let them keep going and hope for the best.

Well, I don't know if I'd some anyone....lol There are those that only give them until the end f day 22 and then pull the plug.
wink.png
Seriously though, even with the risks of developmental issues I don't think I could knowingly toss an egg that still had a live chick in it. And I couldn't toss an egg without checking first.

big_smile.png
Yep, there are those that can pull the plug, and those of us who can't. I'd rather cull one for a developmental issue than toss it without giving it a chance. I've been on both sides of that, and as un-fun as it is to cull one, I have felt much worse for not helping one that I thought I could have saved.

Hi one of my duck eggs made a crack on the wrong side of the egg but it hasnt made a pip noise or anything, im worried, any advice would be helpful

How's the duckling doing? Did it pip? Can it breath? Biggest thingvwith wrong end pippers is making sure it can breath and it doesn't get fluid or goo plugging up the pip area...

Back
Top Bottom