Hands on hatching and help

Temp is back up to 98.When the electric comes back on they will have to be moved again. 3 of the 9 eggs have cracks where they ducklings are trying to break through.

:frow howdy fellow WV'ian. And duck lover. Hope you will keep us posted. :fl

Ugh my brinsea started making weird noises last night. Hubby had to take it apart really quick and clean it. Chick fluff was stalling the fan..

Mine did the same thing, and I thought cleaning it fixed it, but it only lasted for a few hours. I have a replacement fan on order. :/

Dunno if it will or not, how do you have the egg placed in the bator, large end up or on side?
If it were me I would stabilize that one and put it large end up in a carton or something, and cross my fingers.
I have had all of my eggs on their side, but I will prop this one up and see if it helps. The air cell is huge and all along the side
hmm.png

I would want it at least 65% I use wet sponges in my bator. Adds humidity and is easy to pull them out and re-wet them if it needs a push.
Yay!
I stop turning day 14 on every hatch. Technically I stop at the end of 13 and leave them be from 14 on except for candling and marking air cells.it could be coincidence, but ever since I switched to this I have not had malpositioned (knock on wood) except the two jumbo eggs I was stupid enough to set with the little silkie eggs from Ruby and they didn't loose enough moisture, grew too big and didn't turn...but that was totally my fault.
I don't give up until they quit.
Dang!
Thanks!!!! Will definitely have to do the sponges, since my trays are all filled now
hmm.png
I am starting day 12 now and so far all seems to be going well
fl.gif
I did mark the lowest part of the air cell today so I know where they are when I stop turning. Thank you EVERYONE for all the advice!!! Looking forward to some fluffy babies soon
jumpy.gif

FINAL UPDATE.....Well the Easter Hatch has ended! We wound up with 15 Light Braham chicks 1 NH Red and 2 that have chipmunk markings!! The last 3 were eggs from a backyard mixed flock - the Light Brahma's were kept by themselves. Had to assist at least 6 of them but they are all up and running doing well. It was very nerve racking and the stress level was through the roof but it paid off! I know this is a hands on hatching page/group but all 18 chicks are available for purchase. No Shipping. No Meeting. I will find the other thread to post more info about them. THANK YOU again! HAPPY EASTER everyone!
CONGRATS!!!!
celebrate.gif
And Happy Easter to all!!!!

Happy Easter all! Finally got my last Calls out! I think, but I'm going to need to recount to be sure, that I have 17. That's out of 26 eggs that started to develop, so a 65% hatch rate. I'll take that on shipped Call eggs, especially it being my first time doing them. I wish I hadn't lost so many after lockdown, though.

The gosling is still internally pipped, no further action yet. I gave it a safety hole last night. It might hatch today. They're pretty slow hatchers too so I'm not concerned at this point.

Happy Easter all! Finally got my last Calls out! I think, but I'm going to need to recount to be sure, that I have 17. That's out of 26 eggs that started to develop, so a 65% hatch rate. I'll take that on shipped Call eggs, especially it being my first time doing them. I wish I hadn't lost so many after lockdown, though.

The gosling is still internally pipped, no further action yet. I gave it a safety hole last night. It might hatch today. They're pretty slow hatchers too so I'm not concerned at this point.

Congrats!!

Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom