Happy Hatching's hatch along thread 🐣

Pics
In addition to Lemon Drop, can I have #OE5? That one can be named Olive. And I'll adopt #BCM18 if that's ok; that ones name can be Misty. 😊
I believe that the BCM eggies will hatch! :woot
I got 20 fingers and toes crossed for them. :fl:jumpy I will candle an a few days but I refuse to throw any out. I'll just leave them in and hope against hope lol.

I have around 30 hens right now and am getting around 12-18 eggs a day. I have eggs coming out of my ears lol. But I'm getting my NPIP testing done Wednesday so I can ship hatching eggs. :D Then I won't have so much excess eggs.
Just curious about the NPIP for shipping eggs. Did you check if that's your state's requirement as I checked ours and us backyard folks are exempt. Every state has its own rules on that which seems silly. I know we all hate more "government control," but I think they need to make it a federal standard for every state to be on the same page.

Just curious about the NPIP for shipping eggs. Did you check if that's your state's requirement as I checked ours and us backyard folks are exempt. Every state has its own rules on that which seems silly. I know we all hate more "government control," but I think they need to make it a federal standard for every state to be on the same page.
Yeah for here you only have to be Pullorum Typhoid clean. But some many other states you have to be tested for AI as well so I'm just getting both. If you are wanting to ship over state lines you must be NPIP certified. You can ship within the state though without though.

Yeah for here you only have to be Pullorum Typhoid clean. But some many other states you have to be tested for AI as well so I'm just getting both. If you are wanting to ship over state lines you must be NPIP certified. You can ship within the state though without though.
I shipped from WI to NY twice Alabama once and had NC eggs shipped her all within the last two months, not NPIP. The ones that came here from NC she marked the box "Live Fish". ☺️

Maybe someday the USPS will clamp down on it, but right now, who is policing this especially since every state is different? I'm maybe just naive but haven't seen a thing requiring me to do anything different. I was going for the NPIP and told I didn't need to.

I shipped from WI to NY twice Alabama once and had NC eggs shipped her all within the last two months, not NPIP. The ones that came here from NC she marked the box "Live Fish". ☺️

Maybe someday the USPS will clamp down on it, but right now, who is policing this especially since every state is different? I'm maybe just naive but haven't seen a thing requiring me to do anything different. I was going for the NPIP and told I didn't need to.
Wow, you're sort of lucky. I had eggs accidentally go into Georgia one time ( they were supposed to be going to upstate SC) but that's the only time my eggs have ever had any go over state lines. But honestly I'd rather comply with the rules that sneak by. You know, rather safe than sorry? Plus when you are selling hatching eggs a lot of people will want proof that you are NPIP. And I want to make sure that my flock is completely clean of two major diseases.

Wow, you're sort of lucky. I had eggs accidentally go into Georgia one time ( they were supposed to be going to upstate SC) but that's the only time my eggs have ever had any go over state lines. But honestly I'd rather comply with the rules that sneak by. You know, rather safe than sorry? Plus when you are selling hatching eggs a lot of people will want proof that you are NPIP. And I want to make sure that my flock is completely clean of two major diseases.
Understandable. I'm not into shipping hardly at all as I am mostly selling them locally, and I've never been asked about it. It does say that if we ship eggs/chicks out of state, we must comply with that state's NPIP rules though, so basically, I'll have to get NPIP certified anyway. The two in two different states I've shipped to a few times don't care as they just want these eggs.

I'm going to try get ahold of a different NPIP certifier than I did though and push the issue. I'd rather never have to run into a snag about it.

Back
Top Bottom