Hatching Goose eggs

Quick update, a 3 chicks have externally pipped.

Only 1 in the right end though. I'm keeping a close eye on progress.

I can hear the chicks and still see the eggs rocking.

When dealing with eggs that have pipped on the wrong end you must allow extra time to hatch because they have basically skipped the internal pipping step. Treat it as if this is the internal pip and allow that same amount of time. To keep them moist add a warm wet wash cloth in the incubator and dont open it again unless removing a hatchling. Ive had my fair share of this happen to me and they have survived.

Thank you for your advice, greatly appreciated.

The 2 wrong end goslings have now made air holes so I am not so stressed about it.

I am keeping an eye on the membrane to make sure it stays moist, but I will not interfere for now.

I am excited to hear about your hatching because I am planning to try my first goose eggs soon! I have hatched just about everything else but not geese. I will dry incubate them with my duck eggs and see how it goes. I would love to see photos of your goslings when they make it out : )

Here's a couple of photos of my goose eggs that have just pipped.
smile.png

My stress levels are overflowing at the moment as I am not convinced my hygrometer has functioned properly and I'm afraid the chicks my be very weak.
sad.png

Both the chicks that have pipped the wrong end are cheeping and chipping away, and the 1 that has pipped the correct end is gradually chipping more shell off.

The next 24 hours should reveal all.
fl.gif

smile.png

My stress levels are overflowing at the moment as I am not convinced my hygrometer has functioned properly and I'm afraid the chicks my be very weak.
sad.png

Both the chicks that have pipped the wrong end are cheeping and chipping away, and the 1 that has pipped the correct end is gradually chipping more shell off.

fl.gif

fl.gif
Keep us updated!

As I write this I have 2 hatched and 1 on it's way.

The egg shells look very messy inside, is that normal for geese? I don't remember my chicken eggs looking that bad.

If the survive til the morning I will take photos and put them on here.

As I write this I have 2 hatched and 1 on it's way.

The egg shells look very messy inside, is that normal for geese? I don't remember my chicken eggs looking that bad.

If the survive til the morning I will take photos and put them on here.
Congrats!!! look forward to seeing the littles. not sure about the inside of the egg, do you mean like poop?

smile.png

sad.png

fl.gif

Cheeping and chipping are good signs. Sending good thoughts your way!

So here we are, 3 healthy (so far) goslings. I have moved them in to the brooder as the condensation in the bator was dripping on them. The room they are in is nice and warm, they have a lamp and the oil filled radiator in there next to the brooder.

They are almost dry but not found their feet yet.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom