Hatching my first KONZA!!!

Today is day 20 , all day long, sooooooo . . . . I keep telling my self "patience". LOL

I have 13 eggs in the hatcher = 11 Konza and 1 rock and 1 choc; and tossed14 eggs

While outside tending the flock, I heard the tell- tail incesent beep-beep of new chicks. FOllowing the sound and the blue copper male looking for some action lead to CHICKS! My first speckled sussex to go broody and she hatched out a boat load of chicks, some chipmunk, and lots of blues.

AND the 3rd muscovy hen hatched out her brood yesterday and today . . .

THis is a good omen right??

Today is day 20 , all day long, sooooooo . . . . I keep telling my self "patience".  LOL

I have 13 eggs in the hatcher = 11 Konza and 1  rock and 1 choc; and  tossed14 eggs

While outside tending the flock, I heard the tell- tail incesent beep-beep of new chicks. FOllowing the sound and the blue copper male looking for some action  lead to CHICKS! My first speckled sussex to go broody and she hatched out a boat load of chicks, some chipmunk, and lots of blues.

AND the 3rd muscovy hen hatched out her brood yesterday and today . . .

THis is a good omen right??
Wow! Swimming in babies! :D Oh, I know how that feels...best to find something to do & then check in with the hatcher later. Easier said than done! :lol: Crossing my fingers & toes that they all hatch healthy. :)

Btw, what breed is the one choc? :p

Quote: skip the vet-- go to a horse supply place as they usuallyhave a few colors. Look on line for co______. . . dang can't remember the name of the company that copied the vet wrap. A dozen colors. I like that it stretches with the chick legs and I don't have the problems of zip ties either falling off or needing to change out frequently.

No sorry bad phrasing-- this is first batch of Konza-- just that they are not a set color, so currious as to the coloring.

Quote: THe choc and rock came as extras from Renee-- so I don't really know. I never let myself get into a bidding war on her chocolate projects as I have enough to deal with wanting the Konzas. lol

I am limiting myself to chocolate muscovy ducks.
big_smile.png
I have 4 femlaes that are chocolate and several males of other colors . . . . curious to see what these 30 ducklings will grow up to. Only one possible black so far. Lots of browns . . . .and all yellow ducklings.
hu.gif

skip the vet-- go to a horse supply place  as they usuallyhave a few colors. Look on line for co______. . . dang can't remember the name of the company that copied the vet wrap. A dozen colors. I like that it stretches with the chick legs and I don't have the problems of zip ties either falling off or needing to change out frequently. 

No sorry bad phrasing-- this is first batch of Konza-- just that they are not a set color, so currious as to the coloring.

-Of course! Ok, I'll check out a horse supply place I know. Thanks! :)

THe choc and rock came as extras from Renee-- so I don't really know.  I never let myself get into a bidding war on her chocolate projects as I have enough to deal with wanting the Konzas. lol

I am limiting myself to chocolate muscovy ducks. :D  I have 4 femlaes that are chocolate and  several males of other colors . . . .  curious to see what these 30 ducklings will grow up to. Only one possible black so far. Lots of browns  . . . .and all yellow ducklings. :confused:

-I see. I don't blame you. ;) Will be interesting to watch your chocolate grow too.
I'm getting a pair of blue muscovies soon - just as soon as their pen is built. Love muscovies! :D

Back
Top Bottom