Help! Casey (My Duck) has a prolapse! First time treatment for me.

Supposed to get up to 20 tomorrow. If there is sun the ducks are going to get a pool. If not we are considering (It's been about 1-1/2 months since ducks have gotten a pool
hit.gif
) setting up the plastic fence in the kitchen with a bunch of towels and bringing the whole flock in for a 15 minute bath shift (3 at a time = 1:15) followed by about 5 hrs in the kitchen to dry off before being released. If we do this insanity, there will be pictures
gig.gif

Supposed to get up to 20 tomorrow. If there is sun the ducks are going to get a pool. If not we are considering (It's been about 1-1/2 months since ducks have gotten a pool
hit.gif
) setting up the plastic fence in the kitchen with a bunch of towels and bringing the whole flock in for a 15 minute bath shift (3 at a time = 1:15) followed by about 5 hrs in the kitchen to dry off before being released. If we do this insanity, there will be pictures
gig.gif
pop.gif

hit.gif
gig.gif
I CAN HARDLY WAIT.

Just an update. Casey is eating on her own and has maintained weight fluctuating from 3lbs, 13oz to 4lbs, 0.5 oz over the last 2 weeks. She hasn't laid any eggs which is good. She is still on an 8 hour daylight schedule. She has been restless, but weather and my schedule haven't cooperated for us to release her into the rest of the flock with the jail set up for Tevye and Kaine. Last night she got to stand on my lap for a little over an hour while watching TV. (She isn't diaper trained, so she had 2 towels folded in half (4 layers) between her and my lap. That seemed to help with her restlessness, but after an hour, she was ready to go back to her kennel.

Just an update. Casey is eating on her own and has maintained weight fluctuating from 3lbs, 13oz to 4lbs, 0.5 oz over the last 2 weeks. She hasn't laid any eggs which is good. She is still on an 8 hour daylight schedule. She has been restless, but weather and my schedule haven't cooperated for us to release her into the rest of the flock with the jail set up for Tevye and Kaine. Last night she got to stand on my lap for a little over an hour while watching TV. (She isn't diaper trained, so she had 2 towels folded in half (4 layers) between her and my lap. That seemed to help with her restlessness, but after an hour, she was ready to go back to her kennel.
Sounds like she is doing good. I know she'll be happy to be with her flock again. What show was she watching? Opie likes Nat Geo wild
smile.png

Sounds like she is doing good. I know she'll be happy to be with her flock again. What show was she watching? Opie likes Nat Geo wild
smile.png
I think we were watching Gotham on Hulu - we don't have "real" TV. lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom