MandysDuckTails

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2018
Hello fellow duck lovers. I am a long time duck mom but 1st time hatcher. I am two days into hatching and I only had two good eggs. One seems to be doing OK making progress while the other was at a standstill for 36 hours. From everything I’ve read I needed to intervene. So I have created a hole for my duckling to breath. I must have lightly touch the membrane and I have a small spot of bleeding of bleeding that seems localized. I moistened a paper towel with warm water and wrapped around the shell. Does anybody have any other advice? The temperature is 97 and humidity 75%

B0070AC3-7673-4810-9C95-8DAA9AC0FEC1.jpeg
Hello fellow duck lovers. I am a long time duck mom but 1st time hatcher. I am two days into hatching and I only had two good eggs. One seems to be doing OK making progress while the other was at a standstill for 36 hours. From everything I’ve read I needed to intervene. So I have created a hole for my duckling to breath. I must have lightly touch the membrane and I have a small spot of bleeding of bleeding that seems localized. I moistened a paper towel with warm water and wrapped around the shell. Does anybody have any other advice? The temperature is 97 and humidity 75%

Hi guys, my baby duckling actually managed to get out on his/her own about but is weak as to be expected. The duckling is slowly crawling in circles and falling frequently. How long should I let it dry before I intervene more?

Back
Top Bottom