Help please...1st time to try and hatch baby ducks

Sadly...the others did not make it. I really appreciate all of your help and for walking me through saving baby "Pip" who is absolutely adorable! I love this site...and am very grateful!

Baby Pip loves the bear! Sleeps under the bears arm!

Awww I'm sorry, but you are quite welcome and I'm glad you were able to save adorable little Pip.

I hope you will update pics sometime. They grow so fast its unreal! :)

Need more help...I have been reading a lot and I realize the Pip needs a friend. I found a store about 45 minutes away that has babies.

I am willing to go get one and help raise it...so Pip can have a friend and he will have someone to play with.

Question - will they get along? Is that the right thing to do?

Yes they should get along fine. They instinctively bond with each other, even if it takes a bit. And it will probably be instant. Adding one with several is more difficult that just one to one. Do you plan to get a few or just one? Are they similar size breeds?

Hi...I am only going to get one. I am not sure what kind they are...but I will go there tomorrow morning. Thanks!

We got Pip a friend. They said it was only a week old and I picked the smallest duckling...but he seems huge next to Pip. We named this one Lou!

Anyone know what kind on duckling this is?

Yeah! Looks kinda like my black Swedish.
This one is 3 weeks old. My momma duck hatched 8.

But you can post some pics on the other duck threads and I'm sure someone can identify it for sure.

Adorable!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom