Help!!! What is this?

MamaWalker

Songster
May 2, 2015
Mountainburg Arkansas
I had a guinea keet hatch yesterday and this was attached to him. Once he finally separated himself from the egg it started bleeding. what is this??? I’ve nevee had this happen before

Attachments

• 5AC77001-64D3-4243-A6CE-12E443EFBFB5.jpeg
    5AC77001-64D3-4243-A6CE-12E443EFBFB5.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 19
I had a guinea keet hatch yesterday and this was attached to him. Once he finally separated himself from the egg it started bleeding. what is this??? I’ve nevee had this happen before
How long has it been since he hatched?
I agree, that is an unabsorbed yolk sac.

You can try keeping that moist with some triple antibiotic ointment, place the baby in a cup to keep it from moving around a lot. He also needs to be kept warm.
@granny hatchet any other thoughts?

How long has it been since he hatched?
I agree, that is an unabsorbed yolk sac.

You can try keeping that moist with some triple antibiotic ointment, place the baby in a cup to keep it from moving around a lot. He also needs to be kept warm.
@granny hatchet any other thoughts?
It hatched yesterday. It has been very active and was the first one out 2 days early. Other than this, it seems fine

I agree Wyorp, It dont look as bad as some I have seen that survived. It will need a couple weeks alone for that to dry up. Try to keep it in a smooth cage that it cant get that hung up on like wire cage . I would add nutra drench .

I put triple abx and then cover with a small piece of surgical tape to keep it moist so it can be absorbed amd prevent umbilica hernia. Caddy cornered so it can poop. It should be absorbed in a day or so. If pulled off it will bleed badly. The smaller it gets, the smaller his belly button hole gets on the other side.

I would also leave him in his own place, such as a opened shoe box in same brooder as his hatch buddies. He may have been closer to incubator heater?

Back
Top Bottom