Horse Talk

Just got up
1f602.png
slept in about 2 hours..
I an going to maybe ride Sneaks today, and maybe take Lilly for a short one around the yard also.

She's dunalino! She does look buckskin there though. I imagine she will lighten as she gets older like her sister did
Cool! I like the white on her back legs, can't remember name of the marking....

Just got up
1f602.png
slept in about 2 hours..
I an going to maybe ride Sneaks today, and maybe take Lilly for a short one around the yard also.
Have fun!

We put Bert and Lilly together since previously they were together for about 10 years. Sneaks was not making nice so she's on the other side of the fence.
I think Lilly's color is a red roan, but she's faded with age

Sneaks and Lilly finally put aside their differences!

I also cleaned the tack and feed part of the barn

Before

After

Also my grandpa loaned us a bit and bridle for Lilly but we have the same kind of bit.
The bit on the right is the bit she used previously. Which of the other 2 do you guys think is closest to it

We have some other double chain chin straps that we can put on the bit also.

Before

After

Also my grandpa loaned us a bit and bridle for Lilly but we have the same kind of bit.
The bit on the right is the bit she used previously. Which of the other 2 do you guys think is closest to it

Tack area looks great!

The bit on the far left matches the one on the right the best it seems to me.

Before

After

They're all so cute together! And the tack room looks great btw! And I also agree with GingersHuman on the bit. :)

It looks to me like the bits on the left and right have the same size port, so they will probably hit her in the roof of the mouth in the same way if that is an issue. They may or may not be the same width - bits come in different sizes, and the differences may be as little as quarters of an inch. A bit that is too narrow can pinch/rub the corners of the mouth and make them sore. The bit in the middle has a lower, wider port, so it may offer more tongue relief, so some horses might like it better.

Last edited:
It looks to me like the bits on the left and right have the same size port, so they will probably hit her in the roof of the mouth in the same way if that is an issue. They may or may not be the same width - bits come in different sizes, and the differences may be as little as quarters of an inch. A bit that is too narrow can pinch/rub the corners of the mouth and make them sore. The bit in the middle has a lower, wider port, so it may offer more tongue relief, so some horses might like it better.

They are the same width, the other two we has were smaller widths.

Got to love on Jack this morning while he was laying down. June use to lay down like this all the time when I first brought her home but she would always get up before I could get close. Jack let me pet him and hang out for a while

Back
Top Bottom