Horse Talk

Nice nudge! It has been over a year since last posting... (wow, flash back) and what a year it has been. Thought 2019 was harsh... 2020 is almost insane but still has 6 months to go. Yikes.

Went on a few trail rides on young thing a few weeks ago but have not been on for a bit. It is horribly hot and I have lost my groove. Plus playing with chickens.
Sarcoid is gone. Last treatment worked. It got worse b4 better and I reapplied the xxtera as a last ditch effort b4 we had to cut it out, but a few days after application we had the turn around we needed. He has a very mild scar and I am very happy about the fact I can hardly see it.View attachment 2223116View attachment 2223118View attachment 2223120View attachment 2223121View attachment 2223119
Such a good boy
Thanks! I figured I would bring this thread back! :love all the horse threads seemed to kind of die out. :(

Sorry your year has been so rough. :hugs I hope it gets better!!

I love your horses! They’re so pretty. :love

My DH had a bunch of health issues we had to make it through only to land in a pandemic. We are lucky and are able to lay low no prob because he retired in January but still... I worry, this is another crazy year on top of a few crazy years before. But yes, many silver linings. Getting lots of home projects done and catching up with loved ones via text. lol

My DH had a bunch of health issues we had to make it through only to land in a pandemic. We are lucky and are able to lay low no prob because he retired in January but still... I worry, this is another crazy year on top of a few crazy years before. But yes, many silver linings. Getting lots of home projects done and catching up with loved ones via text. lol
:hugs:hugs:hugs

This pandemic stuff has been crazy!!!!

How about you all? @KDOGG331 & @Emmytheduckgirl ? How are things in your neck of the woods. Everyone making good use of their time? Who has been able to get out and go riding?!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Things are going well here!! I’ve finally started with some dogs again recently. Was off since like mid March lol I dog walk/pet sit but with everybody home no one was having me. :th slowly starting to change lol

I also got quail!! :D hatched them out a few weeks ago. And I added more chickens in April. :lau oh and I hatched for the first time in November! :lau still have a cockerel from that hatch.

It’s been a bit of a crazy year for me too.

Ended up with 8 boys out of 9 chicks :th I gave away 4 (before I knew), lost 2 to predators, and ended up having to put down one boy and the girl a month apart due to Mareks. :( the other boy seems fine so far. :fl

Now I have a broody hen. :lau And I am letting her hatch 🙈

OH!!! And I lost 3 of my older girls in one night to coyotes or foxes :hit

Also lost one of the quail.

So many losses this year. :(

But lots of good and cute babies too. :love

My brother got married in September and another puppy in February lol

sorry for the novel 😂🤣😂🙈🙈

How have you been?

Things are going well here!! I’ve finally started with some dogs again recently. Was off since like mid March lol I dog walk/pet sit but with everybody home no one was having me. :th slowly starting to change lol

I also got quail!! :D hatched them out a few weeks ago. And I added more chickens in April. :lau oh and I hatched for the first time in November! :lau still have a cockerel from that hatch.

It’s been a bit of a crazy year for me too.

Ended up with 8 boys out of 9 chicks :th I gave away 4 (before I knew), lost 2 to predators, and ended up having to put down one boy and the girl a month apart due to Mareks. :( the other boy seems fine so far. :fl

Now I have a broody hen. :lau And I am letting her hatch 🙈

OH!!! And I lost 3 of my older girls in one night to coyotes or foxes :hit

Also lost one of the quail.

So many losses this year. :(

But lots of good and cute babies too. :love

My brother got married in September and another puppy in February lol

sorry for the novel 😂🤣😂🙈🙈

How have you been?
Over here everything is great! I should be moving on a ranch! Once I get moved in I can get horses! But I can’t forget my ducks! I cant wait to make my new duck coop!
I’m starting to incubate some Pekin Ducks! I get to sell them at my nearby feed store! Gotta love the few days I get with the babies til I give them to the feed store!
Oh my gosh, so awesome and I can relate to both!!! I sent 60 eggs off to get hatched while I waited for my incubator. Sold more than I wanted and now I have like 4 super cute cockerels to add to my already two roosters. It is a total circus of adjustments lol. Oh but all the cuteness!!! I used to raise quail as a kid with my step dad. I'm so impressed that you two are hatching IMO (lol) exotics. Must be a riot.
Glad you are getting back to work. I remember you mentioning b4. Very cool job.
And congrats on the farm. Pretty dreamy. I live on 3/4 acre in a rural beach town. Kinda weird. Not a lot of space and it has rules but seems we all ignore them for the most park or as long as we can. Never surprising to see my neighbors with a horse, goat or pig in their yard for awhile. Would love to move to a wide open space as long as it was on the islands. That way I could get duck and quail and yes, more chickens and horses.
I swear you are singing my song with chicks and broodies. I have 2 hens that are taking turns. Oh, one gets so ill tempered I can't stand it. She runs everyone out of the run and attacks me too. Hmmmm. Think she needs to retire to the pasture.
Sorry for all of your losses too. What a roller coaster of emos. Do you have a pellet gun? Time to bust it out and send a message.
K. gotta get. Thanks for the revival, lets keep it up!! :cool: 🐴

Back
Top Bottom