Horses!!!!!!!!

You'll get one one day!
smile.png
thanks

Breed doesn't really matter, it's mostly the experience and disposition of a certain animal. Some breeds are more prone to produce spirited animals, while other less so. For instance, Arabians are almost all spirited, because they are considered a hot blooded breed of horse. A Clydesdale will be much calmer and slower, because it is a cold blooded breed. And a warm blood, like the Hanoverian, is somewhere in between. I reccomend, if it's your first experience with a horse, that you shoot for a warm or cold blooded horse, like a quarter horse (warm blooded). As a general rule, the larger the breed of horse, the more likely it is to be a cold blooded breed (shires are the largest breed, and they are cold blooded. Arabians are one of the smallest, and they are the original hot blooded breed). If you are experienced, then you can shoot for a more spirited animal. It also has a lot to do with personal preference. Some people like slower, more relaxed horses, while others (myself included) prefer something with a little fire. If it is your first time with a horse, choose a well trained, well mannered animal. If you have horse experience, choose something that fits your needs and preference. My horse is technically my first horse, but I have a lot of experience, therefore I can handle his greenbroke, spirited self. I recommend you go to an experienced trainer, and have your riding skill evaluated. After that is done, ask the trainer to help you choose a horse. Just remember, a good, well trained horse is going to be exspenive, but the excellent memories and skill (not to mention, it lessons your chance of serious injury) it can teach you will be worth the money. My horse was only $800, but he is buck wild, greenbroke and was generally considered a holy terror. Expect to pay upwards of $1500 for a well broke, well mannered horse. (price varies by show record, pedigree and breed.)

Last edited:
does anybody know a good breed for a me if I did get one?

Do you have any experience with horses???? Or are you a beginner??? Do you want to show???? Do you want a fast horse or a slow horse??? But basically every thing that Chickenoverlord said is what you need think about.

I have been taking lessons for about 10 weeks. Once a week. And I just started to canter!!!!!! Thanks Chickenoverlord. I just wanted to know from a person who actually has a horse. Yeah, I want something like a Morgan.

Back
Top Bottom