Horses!!!!!!!!

Hey haven't been on here in a while but felt like posting this for anyone (like myself) who has problems with deworming their horses with paste. Today I was trying to get the tube into her mouth and she seemed like she was going to crack her neck trying to get away. So in the end I had to mix it in her feed and watched her to make sure she finished it. So I looked up ways online to get her to take it (for future references) and found out something I hadnt thought of. Use an old syringe from a previous deworming, if you have one, and fill it with something sweet (like honey) and start feeding it to them from it. If they won't let you stick it in their mouth at first just squirt a little out onto their lips. When I did this after a few times of wiping it on her lips she was trying to get the syringe in her mouth to get the honey. So if you do this regularly when you need to worm them they'll willing accept it and think of it as a 'bad batch of the sweet stuff' and its a good treat for them. Hope this helped someone!
Great tip! Almost all of our horses HATE wormer! Sugar is not to bad about it and Belle (the mini) though.
Zena was !AMAZING! She got her feet trimmed( first time and she stood stil) she work in her first class, first time getting groomed, first time being cross tied. Everything she did she did like a pro. She even loaded the trailer 2 .

YAY!

in reply to the deworming stuff. we used to use paste for our mini Eli and we would mix it in the food. then someone told us about a liquid wormer you can only get from one or two places. he gave us some and it works great they love it! I still don't know where he got it though :p

Hey, where did everybody go?!!!!!! Come back!!!!

smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

I'm here. Did I tell y'all I might be getting (Zena) Xenia( that's how it's spelled) mom and dad love her, her breeder really wants me to have her, I reallllly want her, out of our 3 ribbon class we were in at the show( both of ours first show) she got 1st place in two of the three. 1st place in showmanship, 1st place in halter, and she didn't place in color. What all will I need as in supply's, and will a 16x16 pasture work? She'll have a lean to or a stall. She'll be a show horse so she'll be working a lot.

I'm here. Did I tell y'all I might be getting (Zena) Xenia( that's how it's spelled) mom and dad love her, her breeder really wants me to have her, I reallllly want her, out of our 3 ribbon class we were in at the show( both of ours first show) she got 1st place in two of the three. 1st place in showmanship, 1st place in halter, and she didn't place in color. What all will I need as in supply's, and will a 16x16 pasture work? She'll have a lean to or a stall. She'll be a show horse so she'll be working a lot.

Is this the little filly you were doing halter training with?

Back
Top Bottom