Hot2Pot's Grandchick Thread... chick brother/sister chat~a~long!!! (:

Oh Lordy there are chickies all OVER the hatcher...some wyandotes,silkies,BA,DB,LO,Mystery eggs,sizzles,Wam's,bantam cochins,lf/cochins, I dunno something so far my favorite to hatch are the wyandottes...isnt that what you said they are HOT? All the mystery ones? SOooo fun and 12 out and about 4 more pipping! AND bonus...no one so far has dropped dead zipping! GO babies!! 15 more to go and 4 are pipped

Can we see pictures??? I do love to see the little fuzzy butts!

Yes!! I want to see pictures of the new fuzzy butts!

Update on my hot2pot's babies: I had three definite cockerels, and I didn't want to have them as breeding stock, so I gave them away over the weekend to another BYCer. She wanted to keep 1-2, and had a cousin who wanted a rooster. My remaining two chicks (who I really hope are both girls) went outside a few days ago. I am keeping them locked in the hen house. I put insulating styrofoam in the walls, and have a 120 watt brooder lamp out there low enough in that they can have overnight temps in the 60s, which seems fine for 5.5 week old birds. I have an indoor/outdoor thermometer out there so I can monitor the temp in the house if I want to obsess. They seem to really love having all that space to themselves.

Here are some pics of my little HOT2POT babies they had portriats done...so funny and cute, hope it isn't too many!!

The littlest thing you ever saw a little buff sebright meets a wyandotte chick the difference is amazing!

The Wyandottes!

The austrolorps!

The silkies....talk about a Fuzzybutt fix!

LF cochin and a bantam cochin

comic relief thought this was funny the LF baby was done and the look on the little ones face was priceless...

he looks absolutly disgusted!
gig.gif
and this is the most ADORABLE White Ameracauna darling EVER!
"TAKE THE PICTURE ALREADY!!!!! we're falling asleep over here"!
in every single picture this yellow chick looks like he has someting to say...in the next pic he looks like he is throwing his head back in disgust and saying something like "OH COME ON ALREADY"!!

ok I'm done hope you enjoyed it! I sure did...I like photography lol!

Last edited:
chick-among-us.... TOO CUTE!!!! your Wyandottes look just like mine did.... and so does your EE! I bet they will grow up to be all most identical
clap.gif

sphinx... I'm glad you found a home for your cockerals.... I did a little evaluation of mine on sunday, and it looks like i have 12 cockerals and 7 pullets....
barnie.gif
but I guess that's how it goes lol

Ambrosia: Thanks!! are yours older than mine if they are do you have pics of them? I have a lavendar orpington somewhere.But everything lavendar has feathered feet orps don't. Sigh...

Ambrosia: Thanks!! are yours older than mine if they are do you have pics of them? I have a lavendar orpington somewhere.But everything lavendar has feathered feet orps don't. Sigh...

Mine are 4 1/2 weeks. Here's a pic of some of them.

One in the very front is an EE, started out jet black. Behind her is a GLW. The other two reddish ones are a GLW mix too, but started out looking like little chipmunks like I saw on your photos. I will load a pic of my little EE that started looking just like yours... oh, and the buff ones are buff orpingtons...

This is my little white EE now... she isn't so white anymore!

next to her/him is another chipmunk colored GLW cross

oh wow I can totally see how they would mature into something like those ..AWESOME I love them. My white Am is supposed to be from an AMeracuana..it was marked W A when I talked to Deb she said it was an she sent two..only one hatched...this one has big ol'cheeks already...I know they loose em and get em back....we have alot of EE's we keep for layers do you know what color wyandottes lay? she said the wyandottes are mystery wyandottes they might be crosses too!
big_smile.png
I dunno we'll do something with them...

Back
Top Bottom