Hot2Pot's Grandchick Thread... chick brother/sister chat~a~long!!! (:

I do believe the GLW are brown egg layers.... and my EE has only some coloring on her chest with all white on her back. Three or four small black feathers are showing up on the back of her head which is funky, but in an adorable way
wink.png

Both of my EEs have dark legs too... which is fun. And yes their cheeks are so puffy when they are little! Deb sent me two EE eggs, and they both hatched so I was very fortunate...

Last edited:
th.gif

Regarding earlier post... feeling really dumb. Yes they lay brown eggs. Thats the color shell they came out of. Duh. LOL

You guys make me so proud, hatching out shipped eggs and taking care of those grandchicks! Love ya!:) Deb

They have been so much fun to have... well, except for the mess! Thanks again for all the words of wisdom
big_smile.png
and for being such a great chicken gramma!

Here are some of the pics I posted over in the V-day hatch thread.. Will get more later, but they are all stuffed under ecoglow peeping. out of 24 eggs sent, hatched out 14 Hot2Pot babies (plus four NN of my own eggs). Total 18 babies! And these eggs spent several extra days in the mail AND I managed to crack one. Taped up the crack - had to help the chick out but it survived! All eggs were blue, EE/Americauna/?

Little chick out of the taped up egg:

Featherz ~~ they are just too cute! I have two EE's from Hot2Pot, and they r so much fun! Both of mine have green/grey legs, so from what I am told, that means EE for sure. I'm totally confused on the Ameracauna/Arucana/Easter Egger theories, so you will have to ask around which you have... lol!

Sooooo cute to see all these babies!!!

Ambrosia, seeing the combs on those GLW makes me feel a lot better about my suspicious one. I kept back the two chicks I thought were possibly pullets. The one I feel really confident about being a girl. The other had no real comb to speak of, but there were some wattles. Nothing like my confirmed boys, but more than I would've thought to see on an almost 6 week old pullet.

Here's the two I kept:

The one in front is the one I am certain is a girl. The one in back is my suspicious one.

Sphinx ~ yeah I hear you! I have WAY too many boys....lol

Got them moved into their new coop this weekend... DH built a nice little 6 x 8 coop for them next to the big girls. They weren't very happy with 40 degree temps instead of 75, but they muscled through it...

I will post pics of their new digs when I have time.

Back
Top Bottom