How about a Thread for Embdens?

Squishy's 2nd mate Dora layed her first egg on Friday
celebrate.gif

wasn't she cute at 2 weeks?
love.gif

Yeah, How bout Embdens...LOL I like the pics. I always find it cute to see a picture of a goose in a swimming pool. A little difficult for the backflips. Adorable animals. I had 30 geese of various breeds and I sold too many off. Have to start over. My Pilgrim Baby has just started laying again and so has her daughter Dixie.

Clyde here who is my oldest at 21 is a Ham when it comes to the camera and getting attention. He is the only goose I know who loves throwing balls around for self amusement. Here he is in all his glory along with a couple of pics of some of the other crew. I have Embden, Chinese, Pilgrim, Toulouse. I miss my big flock but my friends don't. I have a sneaker washing station when friends come over for a visit...LOL.

The crew were not happy with tis winter. It was a miserable one and we just got dinged again with another storm as you can see. They are coming up to tell me "Break out the snow blower dude !!

Yeah, How bout Embdens...LOL I like the pics. I always find it cute to see a picture of a goose in a swimming pool. A little difficult for the backflips. Adorable animals. I had 30 geese of various breeds and I sold too many off. Have to start over. My Pilgrim Baby has just started laying again and so has her daughter Dixie.

Clyde here who is my oldest at 21 is a Ham when it comes to the camera and getting attention. He is the only goose I know who loves throwing balls around for self amusement. Here he is in all his glory along with a couple of pics of some of the other crew. I have Embden, Chinese, Pilgrim, Toulouse. I miss my big flock but my friends don't. I have a sneaker washing station when friends come over for a visit...LOL.

The crew were not happy with tis winter. It was a miserable one and we just got dinged again with another storm as you can see. They are coming up to tell me "Break out the snow blower dude !!

What beautiful pics, and Clyde at 21 that is just awesome. thank you for sharing. [I know what you mean about a shoe washing station] very important.
wink.png

I have a question for you, Embden lovers.

Is it possible that this little monster I have on my hands is a Tufted Embden?

He/ she is the largest baby I've ever seen, with the most stunning blue eyes. ((Frankie/Francine))

Well by down colour the gosling looks like a female so from what you described she is big!!!

The raised 'crest' area does appear that this youngster will be tufted. However I've seen this before in other breeds when they were goslings but this disappeared as adults.

Over in the UK there's a little confusion with the Embdens as the most popular are medium sized geese and used as table birds for the Xmas market.

The show stock Embdens are huge!!! The ganders are so large they remind me of swans. I love them but you cant keep everything!

Back
Top Bottom