how do I edit an older post?

We won't rewrite the post for you, but we can edit a title to update show or swap info. Then you can update in a new post.

This really is all I want to do. How do I get this option? I need to direct people to a certain place to find the information as we update it (I don't want to send them to another thread or article). Is it possible to have this sentence added to the first post so it only has to be done once? This will help all of our swap members out a lot and me too as the organizer.

Last edited:
I am happy to update titles of threads.
To update a title, PM me with what you want the title to be.
I will C&P it.

Last edited:
Right, we're happy to change the title of the thread to reflect that it is an ongoing thread, but the title change should only be done once. If you have elements of a post or thread that will be changing on an ongoing basis over the course of many months, a forum post isn't the best place to do this, but an article / page is! Here is what you should do:

1. Create a new article in the "Members Pages" section of the Learning Center: www.backyardchickens.com/atype/0/Member_Pages
  2. If you want, give others access to the article so they can help you update it. If they make a change you didn't want, you'll be able to revert back to / restore the article before the changes... you have full control over the article you created
  3. Write up some text with a link to your article that can be posted in the first post and send it to a staff member with a link to the post to edit. We'll swap out the old text with the new information and link to the page / article that you'll be managing

If as part of this process you'd like the title of the thread changed, we can do that too.

OK maybe I get it now. So this would be like when we did personal pages? Then you add a link to that page which can be udated at any time? Please tell me I'm right. LOL So what I would do is a PAGE for the California thread which can constantly be updated. Right?

and clicking that link to get to a new page, which I hated to do.

OK maybe I get it now. So this would be like when we did personal pages? Then you add a link to that page which can be udated at any time? Please tell me I'm right. LOL So what I would do is a PAGE for the California thread which can constantly be updated. Right?

OK I haven't been able to find anyone's pages since the change over to this site. I found mine once and tried to work on it and quit. Soooooo...ummmm.....What do I do? Where do I go to start this new page? And is there any way to make it easier to find all the users pages? Are they gone and we're only able to see our own unless a link is given to us? Yes I'm still lost around here. Change the move, I've mainly just posted and read to threads I was already on and don't bother looking for other threads much. Just less hectic that way. But I do want to do this correctly and be ab;e to get to the page to edit as often as I can.

help me..........i'm old..........

OK I found the right link, sort of . Do I just start a new page? Will it link to any other pages I make?

I figure I can copy and paste for now and then work on it later, I'd just like to get it started. Then I can have a mod do some miracle work and add whatever it is I need to direct people to the page.

Back
Top Bottom