how do I edit an older post?

Can't those darn engineers just put the bug back in the system? Why do they have to do their job so well anyways?
wink.png

Also, would it be possible to ask those sweet, kind engineers to think up some way to make it so the first post could be edited indefinitely? Oh bother, maybe I should just learn to accept change
smile.png

haha, but I do want to thank all the mods for their willingness to help edit when needed!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, without this option we won't be having our swap thread here after this year. It really is sad too because this is where we got started and I hate that fact that we can't stay but without this "edit the first post indefinitely" option, I have no choice. Our swap continues to grow each year and I need a way to continue this thread. I'm very disappointed that BYC has made this change. Sigh. I'm going to be updating my personal page like suggested to direct people for now. Thank you for that suggestion.

Last edited:
OK I guess I haven't udated my member page since the new format. Everything is different and it's just like posting a thread. Hope I just haven't figured it out right yet.

I need to know if I can change the edit options. At the moment there is no one but me, but if down the line I need help (like I never need help! LOL) can I add someone else to be able to edit or do I have to make yet another page?

By the way, it's very frustration. I can copy and paste, but most changes I'm trying to make I either lose information or I end up in a whole other section of the page. For instance. I need to drop a section down. I also need to move information from next to a subject, to under it. I have hit the "enter" key and the whole thing disappears. I can't move the information down or move information that is now next to a subject which makes it too cluttered. Since the pages are only a post now, you'd think this wouldn't happen.

While I'm at it. Does this mean that member pages will only be in a post type format from now on or will that hopefully change later?

you could start a new thread for each swap date, that is what I will end up doing. it will make alot of extra threads but I have no better option

Unfortunately, without this option we won't be having our swap thread here after this year. It really is sad too because this is where we got started and I hate that fact that we can't stay but without this "edit the first post indefinitely" option, I have no choice. Our swap continues to grow each year and I need a way to continue this thread. I'm very disappointed that BYC has made this change. Sigh. I'm going to be updating my personal page like suggested to direct people for now. Thank you for that suggestion.

you could start a new thread for each swap date, that is what I will end up doing. it will make alot of extra threads but I have no better option

No, that would just be too confusing for our group. We already had different threads for each swap date. We just needed to keep the first post updated with the latest information as we get closer to the date. Sadly, this isn't available to us anymore so we've decided to finish out this thread the best we can and start fresh on another site next fall. Sad option but everyone is agreement it is the best one.

At the moment there is no one but me, but if down the line I need help (like I never need help! LOL) can I add someone else to be able to edit or do I have to make yet another page?

Yes, you can change this, but if you find you can't or need help, send me a PM with a link to the page and I can change the settings for you.

By the way, it's very frustration. I can copy and paste, but most changes I'm trying to make I either lose information or I end up in a whole other section of the page. For instance. I need to drop a section down. I also need to move information from next to a subject, to under it. I have hit the "enter" key and the whole thing disappears. I can't move the information down or move information that is now next to a subject which makes it too cluttered. Since the pages are only a post now, you'd think this wouldn't happen.

While I'm at it. Does this mean that member pages will only be in a post type format from now on or will that hopefully change later?

I'm not sure I understand the formatting problems. Is this something that happens in articles but not in post replies?

"post type format"? Do you mean vs. a forum / discussion format?

Yes, you can change this, but if you find you can't or need help, send me a PM with a link to the page and I can change the settings for you.

I'm not sure I understand the formatting problems. Is this something that happens in articles but not in post replies?

"post type format"? Do you mean vs. a forum / discussion format?
Whatever I did it looks like a thread format. I sure hope I didn't do the wrong thing and will have to start over again.
he.gif

This is the link

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/california-thread-members-list-and-helpful-information

Break it to me gently. It took me forever to get to it and I've been building mini hoop coops for days. I need someone to send me to a spa. I'm cruddy and in pain.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom