How do you heat your coops

Yup,my girls/boys have A/C in summer and heat in the winter!
Mine have AC in the summer, DC in the winter. At night they're Back in Black, in the daytime they're Thunderstruck. I guess I'm a Problem Child, but if so it's because some of the responses I receive Shook Me All Night Long.

hide.gif

It's 22 degrees below zero today and tonight....I wimped out and set up a dog cage in the mudroom and carried them all in for the day/night. That just seemed too cold for any animal!

It's 22 degrees below zero today and tonight....I wimped out and set up a dog cage in the mudroom and carried them all in for the day/night. That just seemed too cold for any animal!

Same here. 10 below is one thing, they don't have a problem with that, but 20 below is getting severe. My little flock of 4 has a nice temporary basement home.

3 out of 4 laid eggs today - but I think the egg laying is most affected by the number of daylight hours. As the days get shorter, there is less egg production from what I have read.

My chicks are 4 weeks old. I'm waiting for then to fully feather to go outside but they're outgrowing their brooder. I live in vancouver where it doesn't get very cold. I'm really struggling to decide when to send them out and whether we should start with a heat lamp and put it on a timer to start acclimatiZing them? Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom