How many are breeding for Blue Australorps here in America?

sorry for taking so long to reply, I made contact with the Australia Australorp Club to find out how they developed the blues and used it. You may want to contact them also to save time from having to breed out feathered legs. They have the best of all varieties of Australorps, they would have the answers you seek.

Do you have current contact information for them?
Thanks

So, far I've determined that it's a little costly to go the blue Orpington route, though it is considerably easier than hunting down a blue Australorp rooster.
sad.png

Any help in finding one in the southeastern US for less than twenty dollars would be greatly appreciated!

Could I get the phone number for AAC?

I found a half-buff half-blue Orpington rooster for a good price.
If I used this bird, what problems can you foresee this causing when crossed with black Australorp hens?

you will be fighting the buff color for years, it may be gone one year and back the next, go splash orp or blue orp, stay clear of the buff gene color unless you have lots of time and dont care about culling a lot.

Chet,
I just got my first second generation blue australorp baby on 2-8-14. I have 2 dozen eggs in the incubator from that pen and I am hoping for some more blue, black, splash australorps around the 8th of March. Thanks again for all your help.
Kurt

Great to hear Kurt, my birds are giving me the finger and have not begun to lay any amount of eggs to speak of, one here one there but not enough to start collecting. Just have to wait some more I guess.
Thanks for the shout out!
the best to ;you and yours!
Chet

Back
Top Bottom