How Many Cc Of Tylan 50 Do Chickens Get? Help Asap

How did the Tylan work out? I'm wondering about whether it knocked out the symptoms, and whether any others got sick, etc.

It's making the rounds around here, and I'm thinking of vaccinating my flock as a preventative, but want also to know what works best should mine get it prior to vaccination.

I have used Tylan 50 injectable and it works very well. I used .25cc for bantams and a little extra if they were pretty bad. It was when it got REALLY cold last winter a couple got sick. Nothing seemed to work and the tylan knocked it right out. Inject into breast muscle and switch sides daily. I used it 3 days and they were about better but went an extra day just to make sure.

for how long am i supposed to use tylan 50
and how long am i supposed to wait until i'm able to eat the eggs
for how many days?

thanks a lot

This is a great post. I just gave my hen her first dose of Tylan 50. I injected it into her breast, and she took it without even flinching. I gave her 1/2 cc. I'll do the same for the next 2 days.

How soon might I see her start to improve?

OK, I didn't get a response, but I did get my answer.

She's doing so much better. I gave her a first injection yesterday and a second today. She's not gurgling/wheezing anymore. She's breathing freely. She's still weak, but has more energy than she had yesterday.

Tylan 50...highly recommended for respiratory infections!

Just remember that the bird can still be a carrier of whatever disease it has; Tylan won't cure that. Also, this emergency post is a year old.
wink.png

Since we are talking about Tylan and infections, I have a couple of hens w/the bubbly eye. THey don't have that smell yet. So we bought some Tylan 50 from TSC and it expires 7/2010. Does anyone know if I can use it still it? I don't know how much of a suggestion the expiration date is on meds.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom