How Many Cc Of Tylan 50 Do Chickens Get? Help Asap

Where'd you get that information? 1cc does equal 1ml from my grade school education. Not that it matters on such an old feed, but it certainly will confuse people.

1 ml does equal 1 cc but 1 MG does not equal 1 cc or 1 ml unless i saw the post wrong i was reaponding to the post that said 1 mg (milligram) equals 1 cc

I have a question for you does anyone on here know if I can use Tylan 50 on a cat please let me know I need the help

same here it is helpful to be able to find info when you need it so thank you everyone for the help now if I could just find out if I could use it on my cat

Last edited:
I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 20 years, and have NEVER used or prescribed Tylan for a cat. Don't do it. Never use an antibiotic on a dog or cat unless you got it from or it was ordered in your pet's record by your veterinarian. Cats aren't livestock. If you lose a chicken, it's a loss (maybe a big loss). If you lose a dog or cat, it's a beloved pet or maybe even "family member." Not worth the risk Specific antibiotics are used at different doses in different species, and there are few antibiotics besides penicillin used in all species. Cats in particular are very different in their metabolism of many drugs than even dogs.

There you have it, two say consult your vet and a vet says don't. FWIW, my small animal vet says they don't use it either.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom