How Many Cc Of Tylan 50 Do Chickens Get? Help Asap

I realize this is an old post, but I have a large Bielefelder Rooster that is realllly sick. Upper respiratory. Wheezing, gurgling... Etc. I have Tylan 50, but I am wo dering dosage for a large roo... I am thinking 1cc... Is that too much?
How much does he weigh?

-Kathy

I had 1cc drawn up. He and I are wearing at least some of it. I'll try again in a few hours. He is an EXTREMELY easy-going rooster, but he is not a pet... I didn't think I could do the injection by myself. He did get some Nutri-drench and VetrX, a nebulizer treatment, and is sitting under a diffusing mist with essential oils... Along with whatever Tylan50 he got.

Safe to say he is pretty sick of me bothering him. LOL

I had 1cc drawn up. He and I are wearing at least some of it. I'll try again in a few hours. He is an EXTREMELY easy-going rooster, but he is not a pet... I didn't think I could do the injection by myself. He did get some Nutri-drench and VetrX, a nebulizer treatment, and is sitting under a diffusing mist with essential oils... Along with whatever Tylan50 he got.

Safe to say he is pretty sick of me bothering him. LOL
If he were mine I would give 1/2 cc *per pound twice a day* either orally or subcutaneously.

-Kathy

Quote:
CRD indications:

• Administer medicated drinking water for three days; however, medicated water may be administered for one to five days depending upon severity of infection. Treated chickens must consume enough medicated water to provide 50 mg per pound of body weight per day. Only medicated water should be available to the birds.
Turkeys:

• Administer medicated drinking water for three days; however, medicated water may be administered for two to five days depending upon severity of infection. Treated turkeys must consume enough medicated water to provide 60 mg per pound of body weight per day. Only medicated water should be available to the birds.

If he were mine I would give 1/2 cc *per pound twice a day* either orally or subcutaneously.

-Kathy

So, can I put the injectable in water?? I want to treat everyone, as a couple are sneezing... Or, do I need to find water soluble?

Probably better to find the powder. Search for it on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom