Sponsored Post How one enthusiast turned her passion into a thriving business

We were up at the hatchery on May 29 to pick up a dozen Silver Spangled Hamburgs for my son who started doing chickens this year for 4H. We have been very pleased with the order and even picked up a free kitten while we were there. All 12 chicks were hardy, lively, and are still thriving. We added them to our flock of Buckeyes and even though they are not yet six weeks old, they are ranging with the big chickens and doing very well. For hatchery chicks, I'd recommend Meyer in a heartbeat. They are in the heart of Ohio Amish country and it is amazing the number of places around them selling "Farm Fresh Eggs." In addition to chicks and supplies, they are also a supplier of Kent feeds, one of the few feeds that uses a "locked" formula. This means that they don't change the ingredients on their feed depending on grain prices. This is very important if you want consistent feed. I was glad to see that Meyer carried this excellent brand of livestock feed.

I am SO inspired. I fell into chickens backwards, and I now cannot get enough. The idea of making a living with chickens is exciting. I see SO many folks here in the country with 'Farm Fresh Eggs' signs in the front yard.

Thanks for sharing this story.

We were up at the hatchery on May 29 to pick up a dozen Silver Spangled Hamburgs for my son who started doing chickens this year for 4H. We have been very pleased with the order and even picked up a free kitten while we were there. All 12 chicks were hardy, lively, and are still thriving. We added them to our flock of Buckeyes and even though they are not yet six weeks old, they are ranging with the big chickens and doing very well. For hatchery chicks, I'd recommend Meyer in a heartbeat. They are in the heart of Ohio Amish country and it is amazing the number of places around them selling "Farm Fresh Eggs." In addition to chicks and supplies, they are also a supplier of Kent feeds, one of the few feeds that uses a "locked" formula. This means that they don't change the ingredients on their feed depending on grain prices. This is very important if you want consistent feed. I was glad to see that Meyer carried this excellent brand of livestock feed.
I love that your story includes a kitten. My cats are a VERY important part of my operation. Someone found my cat and kitten thrown out into the woods of WV. They still kill birds, squirrels, snakes. I have occasionally found one swatting a bit of fluffy butt, but in general, once I socialized everyone, I believe my cats watch out for the chickens. I am always amazed when the cats back off their own feed bowls to let the chickens feed.

Thanks for reading about our start!

To be clear, you can get free shipping on our Production Pack for 7/9. If you don't know what that is, check it out. It's a customer favorite assortment. No promo codes needed. Simply place an order for the pack with the 7/9 hatch date and you will get free shipping, automatically!

Meyer Hatchery

Oh no. Free shipping for the July 9 hatch. Wonder how many I could get before my husband noticed.

Just tell him their ducks for the neighbors.
duc.gif

Back
Top Bottom