I am ready to send the geese out of here!

Quote:
Katy.....one of these mornings you will get a phone call from the post office and there will be a box of geese waiting for you. Your husband can't say anything if you didn' t ask for them.....Hmmmm....when is your birthday?

LOL, he'd probably send me and the geese back COD!
big_smile.png

I just realized instead of 'now', I put 'know' in my post
roll.png

I surprised my DH with them, I'd talked about them but he had no idea I'd even considered getting some and then returned from his business trip and there were 2 goslings! They were the cutest things! He didn't know what to think!! But they are truly my favorite, you've got to get some!!!
thumbsup.gif

My original geese pair still "occasionally" hiss & squock away at my Hubby. But are perfectly fine with me I can do anything with them. Knowing how I LOVE them he didn't hesitate to buy me 2 More Pairs of geese!!! What a WONDERFUL Hubby!!!! What's not to love
love.gif
about him.
big_smile.png
Hubby says he doesn't 'have' to love my animals, cuz he loves me.
wink.png
smile.png

Quote:
LOL, he'd probably send me and the geese back COD!
big_smile.png

I just realized instead of 'now', I put 'know' in my post
roll.png

I surprised my DH with them, I'd talked about them but he had no idea I'd even considered getting some and then returned from his business trip and there were 2 goslings! They were the cutest things! He didn't know what to think!! But they are truly my favorite, you've got to get some!!!
thumbsup.gif

See Katy! That is the way to do it. After all these years he would ship you out over a couple geese? Maybe he would if you brought home 10
lol.png
Just tell him they are long neck ducks.

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

See Katy! That is the way to do it. After all these years he would ship you out over a couple geese? Maybe he would if you brought home 10
lol.png
Just tell him they are long neck ducks.​

LOL

I know what you mean. Yesterday my gander cornered me in the pen, jumping and hissing at me. I had to keep pushing him away with my feet. Glad he didnt grab my jeans, he did that last year, and must have thought I was fighting with him when I was trying to get him to let go, and started beating me with his wings. lol I had some bruises.
lol.png
This is my last year for geese.

you think that is bad.....my ganders cornered me, stole my purse and ordered some Sebastopol eggs so they can have some "fresh" hens running around here this fall.

Is it odd that mine are good as gold? Only thing I get his hissing from the gander. The goose is sitting on her nest and I can walk right in, the gander will step outside, I can reach under her grab the eggs, candle them, and give her a good pet without a single problem. Granted, they are still young, this is their first breeding season. They don't bother children, or cats/dogs/chickens either. Never bit anyone, chased anyone..nothing.

Quote:
I have 2 pairs like that. Good as gold. The ganders hiss at me. I can reach under Karessa and check her eggs, no problem. Peter and Petunia's my problem and I think its because like Dave Holderread says in his book that if you tame them too much, they challenge you.

This really is the only thing that makes sense. My other two pairs that weren't treated like Peter was are no where near as nasty as he is.

Laurie

i've been dying for geese. my mom was attacked by some when she was a kid, so i can't get any
sad.png
i want some chinese geese and i want a pair of swan lol. my muscovy drake is being mean right now too, love mating season
idunno.gif
he used to be a mommy's boy! he'd lay his head on my bed. let me kiss his bill. wag his tail in excitement when i walk in our bedroom. rub his bill till he falls asleep. all kinds of things. now, i can't touch him without getting snaped at, like ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one day he was in a baaaaaaaad mood. he jumped on my bed to try to get me. i litterally kicked him off and ran out lol. oh this is going to bed fun when his wife finally stops laying eggs, and sits on them
th.gif
i think i will have an angry drake in the bathroom
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom