I don't want my dog anymore . . .

I didn't realize it but I think I may have poodles in disguise!

Possible Poodle #1 is Bodhi who just showed up one day and pretended to be calm and super well behaved... then we started finding things with holes. Socks, underpants, pillowcases, comforters. I went to work the other day wearing a really nice shirt that I had hung out the night before so that it wouldn't get wrinkled, I hung it on the wardrobe which has a knob about chest high. I was sitting at my desk and I have a decorative mirror that a co-worker gave me hanging on the wall and I noticed something looked odd..... the back of my sleeve had a bite taken out of it! WTH?? This is also the little bugger who has decided that it is fun to pretend he has to pee and then run away when mommy is in her pajamas! So I get the pleasure of running through the yard chasing the little demon. While the neighbors watch the crazy lady with no shoes tank top and pajama shorts run around like a fool. He has also developed a fascination with eating ink pens and small toys.

Here he is... notice the wooden prison bars, very appropriate!

66577_bodhi.jpg

This would be our other poodle impersonator
66577_dsc_0076.jpg

He is a beautiful well trained White German Shepherd mix who at three years old has decided he doesn't like Mondays. I know this because he now poops on MY FLOOR every Monday! He has also started tearing up things that are left on the counters ... only on Mondays. I am starting to dread Mondays. He gets plenty of exercise, he isn't bored, he is just throwing a tantrum. We have figured out that this is caused when he sees Grandpa out in the yard during the day and he doesn't come and take him for ride on the golf cart!
th.gif
Oh and he has the most sensitive stomach in the world. Heaven forbid he eat even a morsal of the wrong thing and we'll be going outside every 10 minutes. Oh and the gas.
sickbyc.gif
He also loves to eat grass and leaves which immediately makes him throw up. What does he do then? Eats more grass. When your gooberhead learns how to fire up the BBQ maybe he can invite Riot over!

Quote:
I'm trying to decide if I should kick you from the thread or, if you have a point . . . I think I need further clarification. Are you saying you've eaten poodle meat and gotten sick? Or, is it something else?

Please don't kick me. I had a miniature poodle that lived to be 13 and never was fully house broken. I accidentally run over her (really, she was deaf and blind) I loved her but, she was a PITA.
Does poodle taste like chicken?

Aww, now you've gone and touched that soft spot I don't have.

I can't say I have ever liked small poodles, though I have liked a lot of small dogs. My 17 yo son, who is very masculine -- like I should have to add that qualifier -- happens to like cats and teacup poodles. He loves the standards. He just really wants something small to hold and cuddle that he doesn't have to share with anyone.

Was your teacup *ugly*? (Did you sample her meat after you ran her over?)
duc.gif

I have never tasted Children meat, though Jonathon Swift made a persuasive argument that Children meat might be tasty to even those who weren't starving.
idunno.gif
(I don't eat meat.)

I think poodles are related to cats. I have a stupid cat on my lap right now and it's hard to type because he keeps laying on the keyboard. I'm ready for a dog/cat BBQ.
ya.gif

Opps, since you don't eat meat we could add some veggies.
hu.gif

She was old so I thought she might be tough.
hide.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Definitely poodles! You have my sympathy.
hugs.gif
(As do your poodles.)

Did you discover they were poodles by posting in the "what is this chick breed" forum?

Love SPs & your guy is cute
love.gif

I couldn't stand poodles growing up because my DM & GM bred Toys & were groomers & Toys were all they ever had. My dream dog was anything big, but especially Weimaraners. DF & I have 3 weims now (did have 4, but 1 was a young female that needed a new home so we took her in; she now lives with my father who loves her). Weims are wonderful dogs & we love ours dearly, but they are deviously smart. Let me put it like this, ours can open any door they want to including the front door & cabinet doors. Our oldest weim used to love pillows, computer cords, eyeglasses, comforters, shoes, pants, shirts, underwear, sheets, basically if it stood still for a moment he would demolish it. Our youngest weim is a big mama's boy & a nanny's boy. He wants to be with both my mother & I at all times & when he isn't he makes sure everyone knows he isn't getting his way.

My mom always wanted a SP instead of toys, so last year she got her first, a female. I train our dogs, so I spent a lot of time with her this past year. I fell hard for her & so did DF. So she's more mine now than my DM's. Every night 2 of the weims & the SP sleep in my bed (or I should say that they allow me to sleep in their bed
wink.png
) & she goes pretty much everywhere with me. I used to help DM groom & it's actually been a lot of fun getting back into that. They're my favorite breed, now.

She has figured out where her treats are stored, though, & loves to get about a dozen out & just lay them on the floor & lay beside them staring at them. She thinks the incubator is her own personal television. She loves to come in from the goat pen & jump onto my bed (excuse me, I meant to say her bed). And, of course, she thinks we're all her loyal servants; she's even convinced the weims of that
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh no, the little one whispered it in my ear in the middle of the night along with some slobber just after dropping a sopping wet holey sock on my nose.

I have a miniature poodle. Aka "the demon dog from Hades." 12 years old. Found out he tried to kill my 2 week old kitten while I was in the shower. Seriously....anyone interested? If not this may be the strawthat breaks the camel's back.

I can't keep up with you all! I just know I'm going to miss someone's post and hurt their feelings -- another downside to owning poodles.

I'm starting the fire for the BBQ, clearly the poodles are trying to take over the world along with ducks.

My poodle has been quietly resting most of the day. He read this thread . . .

Back
Top Bottom