I have finally perfected my crock pot chicken recipe! - What's your favorite?

LizzzyJo

Show me the data 👩🏼‍🔬
5 Years
Dec 14, 2018
The Great Black Swamp, Ohio
I put in a whole frozen bird plus any veggies and potatoes I want. Put in stock or water until there's about an inch of bird still showing. High for 3 hours, then low for 3-4 depending on the weight. If you're out, then low for 7 works.

The secret is to use miso paste and soy sauce in the water or stock base. Can be bought in the Asian section of the grocery and lasts for months open in the fridge. The taste is just a savory, meaty goodness. I also use a paste of ginger and garlic - but you can skip that if you want a more mild flavor.

What's your favorite recipe?

My favorite cheap easy crock pot meal is Garlic Parm Chicken. 2-3 chicken breasts in first, 1 bottle of buffalo wild wings garlic parm sauce, 1 cup of milk, and 1 8oz block of cream cheese on top. Low for 6-8 hrs then shred the chicken with a fork, serve over whatever pasta suits you with a sprinkle of shredded parm cheese. I like my super greens bowtie pasta.

My favorite cheap easy crock pot meal is Garlic Parm Chicken. 2-3 chicken breasts in first, 1 bottle of buffalo wild wings garlic parm sauce, 1 cup of milk, and 1 8oz block of cream cheese on top. Low for 6-8 hrs then shred the chicken with a fork, serve over whatever pasta suits you with a sprinkle of shredded parm cheese. I like my super greens bowtie pasta.
OMG that sounds sooooo good! I'll have to swap out the dairy - lactose intolerance in the house (but not me :drool). I need to try this soon!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom