I have to talk POLISH!

I finally rehomed my red cockerel. I miss him already.
sad.png

arkansas81 most of us have the idea that cockerels do got throught a period of agressiveness. There are many words written about what to do with roosters that attack humans. All birds need to go thought periods of asserting who is top male bird and top female bird. My silkie was qrumpy when picked up for inspection. I used a technique that I read here on some thread. Hold his head down till he settles and repeat a few times if necessary. It worked well for me and he sat in my lap and relaxed afterwards while I petted his head and neck. Next I need to do this with my little GL polish boy, who is not agressive but is frightened and fights when picked up.

BTW how many males do you have in your flock. From what I'ver read, one male for 10 to 20 hens is enough. I had a beautiful white ameraucana kill another beautiful bird who was younger but did not act agressive toward the othe male. So I have neither of them now because I would not allow such a nasty bird to mate my hens any longer. Good luck !!

OH I miss my polish hen so bad now, I had even stopped looking on this thread cause it just made me so sad
hit.gif
..... BUT I think I know now I WANT MORE.
Here's my one and only White Polish Hen that died SHE was so great and I miss her everyday I walk in my back yard.
Here's Pum Pum
sorry for your loss and i definitely think you should get some more i just love my polish.

Hey polish lovers, boy do I have a deal for you. I have tried to post this on the for sale portion but for some reason its just not working. I have a trio, a pair, babies of pure polish chickens from Gretchen @ heavenly springs farms ( I hope I got the farm name right. sorry if I didn't) that need to find new homes asap. I have a breeding pair of buff laced polish for $50, I have shown them and they have placed very well, they produce great offspring. I have some buff laced chicks about 4 months olds or so that include 1 frizzled buff polish. The Frizzle I was hoping to get $30 out of and the others $20 each. I have a breeding trio that must go together. A w/c black roo, w/c black female and a VERY rare w/c CUKOO female. This trio I wanted $90. Here is the PRIZE.. I have 1 frizzled TOLBUNT HEN for sale as well. she is the only one left.
I can ship and will be taking offers if there is more interest as it goes along. Please send a pm as I am not really on here that often.

Please remember also these are AWESOME lines & am FORCED to part with them due to family issues. Any questions just ask.
Thank you all.

I'm not sure what black crested whites are supposed to look like, but when I saw the pics the day you got them, I thought that they looked white crested because of the yellow heads.    White crests start off yellow with either a black or blue body.   I would suppose that black crested whites would have a dark head and yellow body.  The one with blue wings looks more white crested blue to me but you should know in about 2 weeks.  

I am positive Ideal messed up the order. Your chicks look just like my white crested black/splash/blue/cuckoos, I have had the Black crested white chicks and they look like this:

As a chick:

teenager

nearing adulthood

Oh yes he's a he.....

One of each:

I am positive Ideal messed up the order. Your chicks look just like my white crested black/splash/blue/cuckoos, I have had the Black crested white chicks and they look like this:
As a chick:

teenager

nearing adulthood
Oh yes he's a he.....

One of each:
hit.gif
i really wanted black crested that is why i order from them
somad.gif
what about the one with the blueish head do you think it is white crested also?

Back
Top Bottom