I just started my 1st incubation...

Here is my 1st water candling experiment. Used a glass cake bowl. Then notice the vibration was a bit too much and took longer to caml down. So part II was in a drinking glass.

Part I

Part II

And day19 eggs out of egg turner.

Im always open to hear and learn from my mistakes. So feel free to give your input.

Last edited:
Good job on the water candling, it confirms that many are viable, but lack of movement doesn't necessarily mean they are dead, they do rest at times!

The humidity will be high thanks to the water dip. It will drop on its own. Because of evaporative cooling, if I water candle I use warm water, pull the eggs one at a time, and get them right back in the incubator. I generally only water candle eggs that are late to hatch.

The eggs do look to be floating a bit low in the water for day 19. That means small air cells. And they aren't drawing down yet, since they aren't tilted. I saw the one egg flip over to pointy end up...that was weird. Was it rotten?

Is your incubator fan that loud in real life as in the video?

Last edited:
Thats why i only took non fertil and a few that sunk in the bottom, the rest ill give it time.

I pre heat that room i was in. 2nd kitchen and the eggs were out about 5-6min. The water i put a termometor in and when it was 38 thats when i started.

Yeah , you noticed that flip» That was my bad. All eggs should be pointed down with pointy side. This one either i couldnt really tell or i made a mistake. Because i wrote the letters and numbers always on top.
So this one was very interesting. If it survives there goes that theory about pointy side donw.

The incubator inst that loud nor is the fan. The beeping part is a pain in the ears. But the fan is probable due to may Galaxy S5 camera.

I think i asnwered all your questions. Thanks for whatching

Day 19 almost ending and i got my 1st hatch, how cool is that.

Awesome! Very early though, usually means temps are high. Would be interesting to check the number on that egg, and go back to the previous videos and compare that egg to others.

Congratulations!
celebrate.gif

Awesome! Very early though, usually means temps are high. Would be interesting to check the number on that egg, and go back to the previous videos and compare that egg to others.

Congratulations!
celebrate.gif
Funny thing is that 1st one was X11 and the 2nd was X12. My 1st good look at candling was X1, Which has yet to show himself.

A few people told me maybe the were almost incubated before they arrived in my hands. High temps could be the reason, but wouldnt in be in every case?

Last edited:
Almost incubated? You mean the hen had been sitting on them already? Did you get them locally, and put them in the incubator shortly after receiving them? That could explain early hatches. Congrats on #2!!

Thats the thing, im not sure. The X egg are from my co worker. She live 4 min drive from me. So maybe a chicken was lyaing for a day or 2. Or maybe its the high temp.

I have no idea. Its almost 24 since the 1st chick got out and only another who got out 12 hours later are out. There are 2-3 pips.

Thank you.

Right now i have 12 in the homemade brooder. They look ok.

I had one that was having a hard time getting out of the shell. So i help him out. Bad move, alot of liquid was lost there. He is ok, but it took over 12 hours to getting walking.

Now i have another like him. Not doing same mistake. Just getting him away from others.

Back
Top Bottom