Not open for further replies.

The Chickeneer

~A Morning's Crow~
9 Years
Jan 9, 2011
Central Valley California
I MISS OLD BYC!!
hit.gif
its not that I hate this new one(although i dont like it very much) its just that all this is soo different. I think there are too many links and features that it is very confusing and hard to navigate to where you want to get. For some reson, it is also working very slow for me, I have Windows 7 , Internet explorer if that has anything to do with it. I know that upgrading BYC absolutely had to be done, but it has been changed so dramaticaly that it is very unfamiliar and extreemly hard to understand. Pleeez! post more vido tutorials. I have seen the ones that have already been posted and I have to say they actualy did help
thumbsup.gif
THANK YOU NIFTY I know it was hard creating this new BYC and took lots of time and effort, and I am sorry that many of us are being very unapreciative and complaining about it. I hope we all(including myself) learn to use it well and be gratefull for what Nifty has done for us. It will take some time for getting used to, and I fear we may loose allot of members because of all the changes. But this what we have now, and even though many of us (me) dont like it so much, we need to learn to deal with it, ask questions, and try to figure this out to the best of our ability, so we can return to the great helpfull warm community that is found here on BYC, and not worry so much on what we dont like about it. We will miss you old BYC, goodbye................ welcome to the new version, hopefully we can make this place as great and informationaly fun as it was formerly.It will be up to us on on wheather and how we make it happen. I wish everybody a Happy New Year, and a Happy New BYC
big_smile.png

I'm having problems too and the stark white background is awful on my eyes. My scrolling is very choppy. I did try upgrading to FF9 but the two toolbars I use every day don't work with version 9 so after a ton of pain in the butt I downgraded back to 3.6. It took a couple of hours to finally get it back. I will try chrome I guess. Also this editor isn't very friendly in my experience so far. Is there a way to go to just a plain text editor? I know how to do all the bold, italic, etc by hand. I don't need special buttons for it and they don't seem to be cooperating with my browser.

I'm having problems too and the stark white background is awful on my eyes. My scrolling is very choppy. I did try upgrading to FF9 but the two toolbars I use every day don't work with version 9 so after a ton of pain in the butt I downgraded back to 3.6. It took a couple of hours to finally get it back. I will try chrome I guess. Also this editor isn't very friendly in my experience so far. Is there a way to go to just a plain text editor? I know how to do all the bold, italic, etc by hand. I don't need special buttons for it and they don't seem to be cooperating with my browser.

You can change editors on this forum and use BBcode etc if you prefer. Another one of those user options we never had before.

FF 3.6 is really old.

I know what you mean gale65. This website is too much for my eyes lol.I kinda like the bold and italic buttons though, bucause its more like Microsoft Word, and alot of people are familiar with it so its a bit esier. Im gona upgrade soon, so the speed of this website will be one less thing to worry about compared to all the other things on BYC now......good luck with you
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom