Not open for further replies.

The Chickeneer

~A Morning's Crow~
9 Years
Jan 9, 2011
Central Valley California
I MISS OLD BYC!!
hit.gif
its not that I hate this new one(although i dont like it very much) its just that all this is soo different. I think there are too many links and features that it is very confusing and hard to navigate to where you want to get. For some reson, it is also working very slow for me, I have Windows 7 , Internet explorer if that has anything to do with it. I know that upgrading BYC absolutely had to be done, but it has been changed so dramaticaly that it is very unfamiliar and extreemly hard to understand. Pleeez! post more vido tutorials. I have seen the ones that have already been posted and I have to say they actualy did help
thumbsup.gif
THANK YOU NIFTY I know it was hard creating this new BYC and took lots of time and effort, and I am sorry that many of us are being very unapreciative and complaining about it. I hope we all(including myself) learn to use it well and be gratefull for what Nifty has done for us. It will take some time for getting used to, and I fear we may loose allot of members because of all the changes. But this what we have now, and even though many of us (me) dont like it so much, we need to learn to deal with it, ask questions, and try to figure this out to the best of our ability, so we can return to the great helpfull warm community that is found here on BYC, and not worry so much on what we dont like about it. We will miss you old BYC, goodbye................ welcome to the new version, hopefully we can make this place as great and informationaly fun as it was formerly.It will be up to us on on wheather and how we make it happen. I wish everybody a Happy New Year, and a Happy New BYC
big_smile.png

The features are nice but I am finding the site is slow.

The designers should have remembered that many folks who are owned by our chickens live in rural communities that DO NOT have broadband. The chickens only have access to dialup or satellite internet and so that's what we need to use.
smile.png

Ruthster and the other roosters have made the decision to live in a rural area so that we are allowed to proclaim the time when the sun comes up....we can't just up and move to Downtown Metro (with unlimited broadband but also sky-high rents and homeless ppl) because the city slickers won't tolerate our Ur-Urrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
wink.png

I hope we get POW back... I like the larger avatars....the instructions were easier to follow so I FINALLY got one for my un-named self. I do like the new forum in general, could live without the ads and reviews on the right. They are kind of distracting. I like seeing how many people are looking in a particular forum at the moment.
Overall, thumbs up. Thanks for all the hard work that went into it mods!

I don't hate it, not at all. In fact I think it's really great and I'm having a lot of fun exploring all this new stuff
clap.gif
To me it's very refreshing to learn new things and move forward. I'm not afraid to click a link and see where it takes me, and I'm not afraid to actually look a few things up on my own and try to fix my own issues. The tutorials, suggested reading, FAQs and a lot of the 3 mile long complaint threads have been really helpful (JUST DO SOME READING, YOUR PROBLEM HAS PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED/ANSWERED 5 TIMES ALREADY!). Nifty and the staff have been going above and beyond to help as many of us out as they can. Look thru the posts, there's been someone here answering questions and offering solutions pretty much 24 hours a day (and lots of helpful members doing the same!).

There were a lot of things that weren't perfect with the old BYC format (Sorry Nifty, lol), besides the fact that it was rapidly approaching the point of self distruct/massiveimplode. And I'd rather have a new format than no BYC at all :) But you just watch, the majority of those that have stomped off mad and frustrated will eventually be back... cuz even when you're mad, ya just can't stay away from this place
wink.png

Altho I didn't really use all of the features/options and sections of BYC before
hide.gif
, I think The New BYC is just awesome! This change has really opened my eyes to discovering a lot about BYC that I never even knew existed. To be brutally honest, I've learned the majority of new things about BYC in general just from reading all the complaining and whining the past few days, lol (not to mention I got quite a few laughs from a lot of the posts too). So it's been a win-win situation for me, all the way around
yesss.gif

Glad to see that a lot of the negative people are starting to adjust and accept the reality of The New BYC, and that the high pitch whine is finally starting to tone down as more and more people are able to figure things out and move on with their normal (daily) BYC activities. I'm sure it will only get even better as time goes on when all the bugs and kinks have been worked out and some new things are added or some old things are brought back.

Kudos to all the Staff for hangin' in there and being as helpful as they can... hopefully all you guys have some hair left and have finally quit eating ibuprofen and acetaminophen like they were pez candies
fl.gif

Last edited:
I agree. A quilting site I am a member at recently changed drastically (even more than this forum) and anyone who didn't like it was told by the cheerleaders to "suck it up or leave" and a lot of name calling ensued. It was really sad. BTW I don't go to that site anymore but not because of the changes. It was because of the horrid behavior of some members.

Here we won't say "suck it up or leave", we'll just tell them to go suck eggs. Then we'll have a long thread about the best ways to suck eggs, about the possible drawbacks and complications, and about which breed produces the best eggs for sucking. Everyone will be really helpful and nice about it, and we'll learn a huge amount about sucking eggs.

Quote:

Believe me, it's more than a few that aren't crazy about the new format, and there's also more than a few that consider a lot of the complaints as whining. Some complaints are worded politely and respectfully, (a lot are not tho), and some go way beyond an overly melodramatic high pitch whine. I'm definitely not the first to say this or point it out.

My post wasn't meant to make people feel guilty... My point was more to the point that if people would stop flying off the handle with their redundant complaint posts and just start reading all the info that's already out there, they'd learn more, understand more, and gradually start adjusting... which was indeed being helpful.

Oh no
barnie.gif
I was really good at the old site, now I'm a rookie again!
tongue.png
Well, I'm sure it needed to be done. I certainly don't envy Nifty and all the mods, I bet it has been crazy for them!

Nifty posted somewhere that he'd had something like 9 hours of sleep in 3 1/2 days. I don't think the rest of us had it that bad, but it has certainly been busy. We're rookies, too. And we have our own set of software to learn, too.

Now we've been able to putter around in this platform maybe a little longer than the full membership has, but I'll tell you what, with all its bugs and glitches and things that are very different, I'll take this one, any day. There are so many things newly available, issues resolved that couldn't be resolved before, handier ways to do things -- on and on. Believe me, if I can learn it, most anyone can.

Not that we have any choice. It was a new platform or no BYC at all, in the near future, when the old one exploded, which was coming soon. We had delays there, too, even sudden shutdowns -- because things kept breaking. It was coming apart at the seams.

The dust will settle soon, and we can get back to our animals and enjoying BYC.

Quote:
DAMNATION!!!! i CANNNOT EVEN FIND "NEW pOSTS" WHEN i GO TO MY HOME PAGE. i WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEE UNREAD POSTS IN THE THREADS i AM INTERESTED IN! I KEEP TRYING TO ASK HOW TO DO THIS. no ANSWERS SO FAR. ALSO NO HELP FROM ANDIMINSTATORS ON WHY THE SEARCH FUNCITON IS NOT WORKING.

I went ahead and closed the thread.

We have heard and are addressing many of the issues posted here.

We understand the frustration you are having.
We are working as fast as we are able to correct many things. Some things are what they are and may not have an easy fix.

The correctable issues may not happen overnight or soon, but we are working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom