I need your opinion on feed. Please

Quote:
Wow.....I won't feed purina as I prefer animal protien in my chicken's feed, but flock raiser here is $12.99 for 50lbs
th.gif
Layena is $10.99 and the start n grow is $12.99.

Quote:
Wow.....I won't feed purina as I prefer animal protien in my chicken's feed, but flock raiser here is $12.99 for 50lbs
th.gif

Purina Flock Raiser has 20% protien. Layena has more protien than that?

Quote:
th.gif

Sorry didn't catch "animal protien". May I ask what you feed and how much it is?

Quote:
I'm going to cut and paste this and email it to my feed store(if I can find the address) and ask them what's going on. How come we're getting beat over the head with feed prices?

Quote:
th.gif

Sorry didn't catch "animal protien". May I ask what you feed and how much it is?

I feed Nutrena and HiPro. Purina (layena, flock raiser, start n grow) is a vegetarian feed, using only plant protiens and no animal protien. Chickens are not vegetarians and I believe animal protien is good for them.

Nutrena Layer is $9.99 at my feed store, nutrena starter is $10.99. The HiPro is a game bird feed and is more expensive.

Quote:
I'm going to cut and paste this and email it to my feed store(if I can find the address) and ask them what's going on. How come we're getting beat over the head with feed prices?

yup they have it at our TSC. And our feed store is $12.50 for layena and $13.50 for flock raiser. I hate TSC but there really cheep with the feed.

let me get pics of the tag

A.T. Hagan :

Quote:
Crumble is the only way I've seen it.

Can your feeder be adjusted? If you can narrow the gap between the bottom of the tube and the floor of the pan the crumble won't come out so fast.

.....Alan.

It actually comes in a pellet in some parts of the country, but not all.​

Back
Top Bottom